No Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TuxCoder said:
Man I sooooo want to put up a Big Useful Dish but I know that with my other dishes and antenna ... it could also scare off any potential Mrs. TuxCoder
But would you really want to marry a woman who values backyard aesthetics over quality television?
:)

TuxCoder said:
However if I do put one up and it attracts a hot potential Mrs. TuxCoder that is a good thing! (yeah right whatever penguin boy) :rolleyes:

If you do find one, that will be the end of your satellite surfin' days. I mean that in a good sense, Mrs Diamond is addicted to it and the only time I get it is when she's at work, watches something OTA or after she hits the rack. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Diamond Jim said:
... or after she hits the rack. :eek: :eek: :eek:
:confused: ... is that Indianaian for "hits the hay"? (not that I ever use that expression) ;)

Well at this rate I've still got some good sat surfin' times ahead of me. :) :(

Tux my man,

I have a Sony STR-DE825 stereo receiver with a coaxial input. Am I to understand that if I run a cable from the 3618 to the Sony I will be able to pick up AC3 audio?

If not, please explain your set up, what I would need and the cost. I appreciate it.

It will work if the coaxial input is S/PDIF. This is a single RCA jack, possibly orange or black colored center plastic. It's not the paired red and white RCA jacks. The ST3618 has to have such an output also, and from what I've recently read the ST3688 doesn't have it... does the ST3618 look to have that?

My own setup regarding FTA is just one coax cable from the Pansat 2500A's S/PDIF output into my audio receiver (STR-DE575). That's the only S/PDIF input on there, and it's for the DVD function. So I switch the audio receiver to DVD (where I'm also running the Pansat's video) to watch and hear FTA in either PCM or Dolby Digital (AC3). As for my other TV sources, it gets far more complicated. :rolleyes:

removed picture from above post. Crap like that has nothing to do with FTA..we can read the response...don't need a picture :)

I found it amusing though :), and it was included in an on-topic post...

Maybe it could have just been an attachment? I'm not a fan of inline images being posted on this board, except when they are (a) on-topic, (b) not too big (res & file size), and (c) help enough that it's worth saving the extra click. Also helps if they are attached and then inlined right from here, rather than eating up others' bandwidth.

correct. thumbnails are fine, but full blown pictures are a pain to deal with when you are on dial up. Also...some of us are at work and that picture probably wasn't acceptable :)

I just posted something about that...1st sticky :)

Mark_AR said:
Off Topic: So delete it....
I did...
Well since a MOD and a certain 3 letter satellite retailer seem to have it in for ANYTHING I post....

I know I shouldn't respond and delete it...but screw it.
Mark, just because I'm a moderator I don't "have it in for anything you post" as you put it. As long as its appropriate, I have no problems. If you had a problem with Pete before, you could have sent me a PM. Unless its a hack question, I normally answer all PM's I receive. I don't understand why you have a little grudge against myself & PSB.

A 74,749 byte picture is hardly a bandwidth burner. Scott's Satelliteguys.US graphic at the top of every page is nearly half that size.
well, lets see......Scott's the OWNER of the site and I think having that would be fine. The fact it was a PG (or PG13) version of a Telletubbies picture is why I deleted it. It was a big picture and I was thinking of our dial up customers. When I'm at work, I am on a DS3 connection...but when I dial in, I can get a MAX of 24.4. Another reason is because some of us are at work, and I checked the new posts for you to post a picture like that?? I try to keep everything here appropriate. Had someone else posted it, I would have deleted it too. I don't feel I have grudges against people. You might think that but you are wrong. I like to help out everyone here, and only edit as necessary.
My Avatars aren't appropriate, my posts aren't appropriate, my pictures aren't appropriate.....
I havent had any issues with your posts...as long as they stay to the subject at hand. The forum is getting cleaned up. Smart-a** comments are going away. I don't want this to turn into other forums. I'd like people to come to the FTA section and enjoy their time here, and not be slammed. The only avatar I questioned was the Santa one because it was a direct slam at Pete.
If I were a little less of a man, I would tell the whole lot of you where to get off at.
you could have PM'd me...but instead you decide to call me out here, knowing I normally wouldn't be online.
Just ban me and get it over with. *sigh*
I can't ban you..I don't have the power...if you'd like me to, I can send it to the appropriate people.

As a mod, I should uphold the rules of satelliteguys.us, and not get into little fights with people like we're 5 year olds. I'm real sorry for everyone in the Free to Air section who had to read this. I hope all the posters accept my apology that I let my emotions get the best of me.

Everyone have a good night
-Berg :)

I apologize.

Things are being taken out of context. I don't care to go into it further. I might be relatively new to FTA and maybe that's why I am viewed as having an agenda. I don't.

Anyhow. I'm sorry. I'd like to help.

Gentlemen,

This is the second time that I have ask a simple question that has turned into a brawl that has evolved into somebody questioning PSBs integrity. At this time I feel that is right for me to bow out. I would like to thank all of the people that have helped for me learn more about the FTA system that I ever thought was possible.

Again, thank you very much. Your help has been deeply appreciated.

Jim Adams

Just a coincidence Jim, NOTHING to do with your questions, sure hope you reconsider as you are a fine member and a big contributer to the forum, I am sure it will blow over but I understand your discomfort, we need you Jim! It would be a SAD place without guys like you Jim, hope you change your mind : )

What if FAT Homer removed his Celtic shirt will you stay then : ) It can be arranged : )

Jim
there's no reason for you to leave. I'm sorry that the "dirty laundry" had to be posted in one of your topics.

You bring a lot to the table, especially when it comes to the C-Band stuff. I hope you hang around here and help us out :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts