No Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Picked up PBS on AMC 3, but can not get any audio. Have entered the APIDs from the Lyngsat chart and played around with others with no results. If anyone has the audio PIDs, please post them.

Thanks

not bummer....

SWEET @party :bounce

sorry Iceberg & Jim, had to gloat :neener

and it gave me an excuse to use some of the more annoying smilies I don't get to use that often :rainbow !sadroll

Diamond Jim said:
That sounds like a winner. Is he in Jersey or Wisconsin? Ahhhhh, what does it matter, they're both about the same. :) :) :) :)
Jim, I'm "next door" (see my "location" hint). :)
Bring it on! :cool:

Try anything funny and I'll kick on some Dolby Digital 5.1, crank up the .1 part and blast you guys to the next timezone with my crisp digital AC3 bass. Of course it'll have to be something like New York Philharmonic Orchestra since it's only PBSes that come in AC3, but those have to have some good bass too!

:D

I bought a surround sound system from Wal-Mart (or is it Wall-Mart as in South Park) for $50 and it had a coaxial output to decode AC-3

Now if the 1500 had it :(

Hmm, but the Satwork's audio output is only R/L analog. I don't suppose there's any way to reconstruct AC-3 from the analog. ;)

I hope I'm wrong, but I think I might be out of luck with this otherwise cool receiver.

which recievers are capable of outputting ac3 via coax? pbs is one of the reasons i am setting up my dish, so i would like to know what kind of reciever i will need to recieve audio from it.

drhydro, are you talking "FTA receivers" or "audio receivers"?

As far as FTA receivers, the Pansat 2500A outputs AC3 through coax (S/PDIF, one RCA "phono" type connector), but I don't know what other receivers also do.

As far as audio receivers, pretty much all decent ones will input AC3 and decode and "play" it. There are coax (S/PDIF) connectors and fibreoptic (Toslink) connectors. If you're looking to make a longterm investment in digital audio, get a good audio receiver with the most separate optic connections and at least one coax connection. Most things seem to be going to optic.

Sorry Tuxcoder, I should have clarified that i meant FTA recievers, im not quite awake yet, i was up late watching an ebay auction for a satworks 3186 (which i won ;) So it looks like i wont be watching pbs via DVB (for now), but i did find (via lyngsat) pbs-x on intelsat six as c-band analog :)

Hopefully this weekend i will be setting my system up, this should be fun. We are pouring the concrete for the pole mount friday afternoon, and putting the dish on the pole on sunday, which is going to be a blast. Its a 10' dish on top of a 7 foot pole, wadda ya think, do i need at least 3 suckers, errrrrr friends to help?).

Wish me luck folks lol

Man I sooooo want to put up a Big Useful Dish but I know that with my other dishes and antenna it'll just scare off all the neighbors (could be a good thing) but it could also scare off any potential Mrs. TuxCoder (bad thing). However if I do put one up and it attracts a hot potential Mrs. TuxCoder that is a good thing! (yeah right whatever penguin boy) :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.