No Auto Hop on CBS & ABC

Hmm, okay, strange. I have seen this before off and on but not for such a long period straight without it working. Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it.

If you are in an Owned and Operated area, for those networks, you have a 3 day wait on ABC and a 7 day wait on CBS. That's in their contracts. CBS in Sacramento is O&O, ABC is not. In San Francisco, CBS and ABC are O&O...

Yeah, I'm in Pittsburgh and I'm noticing the same thing. I've just decided to stop watching CBS shows as regularly and just time-delay them and do series marathons when the season ends.

Reactions: steff3
Yeah, we are usually several weeks behind do to our busy schedule and then there's the travel and vacations but since the holiday break and season breaks on the shows, we were pretty caught up so I guess we just noticed, lol.

I, simply, remember my days with a 722 and use the skip forward button. Yeah, Auto Hop is cool but not it's not a catastrophe to lose Auto Hop....

Reactions: GaryPen
I've played with this a bit. I think you may not get the auto-up download if you move a show to an external HDD (before the waiting period).

As I don't use PTAT, I have never use AH. As such, I don't miss it. Now, if they ever take away the 30sec skip, that's a horse of a different color!!!
Auto hop is pretty amazing. Try activating PTAT for your least used channel on Sat night and you get auto-hop for all. Once you try it you may never look back. (you can also reduce to storage time to 1 or 2 days to minimize the HDD usage)

Reactions: steff3
Auto hop is pretty amazing. Try activating PTAT for your least used channel on Sat night and you get auto-hop for all. Once you try it you may never look back. (you can also reduce to storage time to 1 or 2 days to minimize the HDD usage)
But, it's just broadcast networks. We don't record anything on the broadcast networks. (Except my wife with The Bachelor. :confused: )

As I don't use PTAT, I have never use AH. As such, I don't miss it. Now, if they ever take away the 30sec skip, that's a horse of a different color!!!

If you set PTAT for just one night and the keep time to one day, you will gain the benefit of recording any programs from the 4 networks on one tuner 24/7. Why would you ignore that feature?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts