No Auto Hop on CBS & ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Apples and Oranges.

Hulu is supplied the programs without commercials and inserts commercials if they want.

From the court documents we know Dish MANUALLY marks up the commercials, and only monitors a single market. The data files that flag the commercials have to be liberal enough to account for markets that may not be 100% in sync with the monitored feed, so a couple of seconds wiggle room at the beginning and end of each break is normal. I do think the wiggle room has increased over time, probably as folks from out of sync markets complained.

Lastly Dish is very conservative on what it considers a commercial. They generally won't skip it if there is even a possibility something is an "in-show" ad, things like a show host reading ad copy, inset ads, etc.
thanks. I don't know how they do it. I just expect it to be tighter. but it makes sense if they do it for some God forsaken city up north then apply it to the United States (Texas and its 49 biotches)
for me, TV shows are all the same. i watch as little as possible 'live' so Hulu or DVR is an apple to apple comparison.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Have only had the Hopper 3 since June, but for the life of me, I can't see what the big deal is about auto-hop. Maybe it comes from using the 30-second skip ahead since 2001, but it is 2nd nature now & just as easy to do the skipping myself. When my wife watches a show with auto-hop, she almost has to sit on her hands to remind herself not to use the 30-second skip. I usually don't even bother.

As far as I'm concerned, it's fine that they used this as a negotiating tool with the networks...

Reactions: Hall
The only network show I watch is The Big Bang Theory and I don't wait for AutoHop. Our CBS isn't even delayed, if I'm not mistaken since it's not corporate-owned by CBS. I do "Save Series" with this show, so if I don't watch it right away, yes, I'll let it 'hop'. Otherwise, I'm pretty damn good with the 30-second skip button !! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)