No Auto-Hop, Prime Time Recordings Disappear By Next Morning

ladyesmiles

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2013
San Antonio, TX
For one month Prime Time anytime worked and the autohop feature was great. Then the autohop feature went away, no more kangaroos. 20 phone calls, 6 tech visits and one letter to the corporate office later and now the prime time recordings are disappearing from the prime time folder by the next morning. Note that I have 85% free on my dvr. The autohop feature has never been fixed. I have received two new hoppers w/sling. Unplugged and reset until my fingers are numb. My setup is a new hopper w/sling, one joey and the latest updates and newest software. I have two flat tv's, the hopper is hooked up to a Panasonic HD tv and the joey is hooked up to a Visio Smart TV. Can anyone out there help me?

Honestly I haven't ran into this issue as a tech. If the Hopper with sling was switched out multiple times and all of them are having the same issue. I would have to start looking someplace else. what has the 6 other techs that have been there done? Are your DVR's not deleting just your PTAT recording? Do you have PTAT enabled or are you just telling the receiver to record those shows. Do you have someone that remotes in and deletes out the show after him/her has watched them. Have you clicked save on the PTAT recordings to move them over to the DVR part? Some of these may sound like stupid questions but I have ran into were a husband was away on a business trip and deleted the wife's recordings useing the dish anywhere app.

I live alone, I go in every morning to click save and protect the programs I want. They are simply not there now. Yes PTAT is enabled and has been since I received the second hopper w/ sling (1st hopper Feb. 2013, second hopper April 2013). These are not my recorded shows but prime time shows. Auto-hop feature quit working one month after I got it, this Monday, recordings simply started disappearing overnight. I have used 18% of my space on my dvr.

When I go to Menu/PTAT and enable it, I can click DONE on the screen, but it is impossible to Click SAVE on the main screen, so I can't turn PTAT on. This is with software 244.,
Nevermind, Hit reset and it is ok, now.

Last edited:
Have you gone into MENU/PTAT and set setting to keep them on for more than one day. Expires is the box with + and- tags to change it. Then DONE & Save. If Save does not work, press and Hold the RED RESET button on the hopper front (behind the tilt down left panel) and do this again, once the Hopper is finished booting.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have it set to save for 8 days and every morning at 4:30 am I go in and save the programs I want to the DVR and protect them. I have tried the reset button many times. Last night, I turned off prime time, unplugged everything from wall, plugged it all back in and looked at settings for it. Prime time was still enabled on the Joey but not the hopper. I thought if you turned it off on the hopper it turned it off on the joey also. Anyway, I turned it off on the joey, unplugged again and reset everything. I then enabled prime time, making sure 8 days was selected and all boxes had a check except for Saturday, clicked save. This morning I got up at 1:30 AM to check DVR. Autohop is supposed to be available after 1:00. It was not there. The programs were there though. There is no resetting I can do to fix the autohop, I have tried everything. All the techs do when they come is open menus on my screen, close them because setting are okay, then call their bosses and ask them what to do. Everyone is totally clueless.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have it set to save for 8 days and every morning at 4:30 am I go in and save the programs I want to the DVR and protect them. I have tried the reset button many times. Last night, I turned off prime time, unplugged everything from wall, plugged it all back in and looked at settings for it. Prime time was still enabled on the Joey but not the hopper. I thought if you turned it off on the hopper it turned it off on the joey also. Anyway, I turned it off on the joey, unplugged again and reset everything. I then enabled prime time, making sure 8 days was selected and all boxes had a check except for Saturday, clicked save. This morning I got up at 1:30 AM to check DVR. Autohop is supposed to be available after 1:00. It was not there. The programs were there though. There is no resetting I can do to fix the autohop, I have tried everything. All the techs do when they come is open menus on my screen, close them because setting are okay, then call their bosses and ask them what to do. Everyone is totally clueless.

Can you please send me a PM with your account information? I would like to look into this further.

Autohop was late this morning on my system, not showing until about 7am. Most of the time it is about 1am, but not always. Was auto hop available later this morning fro you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)