No CE's Friday 10/28, but expected Saturday 10/29 (Updated)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah. Feed comes in the house to a splitter thing. I dunno. I switched them (receiver 1 and 2) and now, after that weird attempt with the crazy numbers, its 90% complete on 0575

Looks like the search function is working better. Things I know were showing on MGM, SOny, and HDNet were not showing up when doing a search.

S~

First-time CE download for me. Got the new guide and stuff.

Asked my wife how she likes the new guide. She said, "It's a different color" and seemed rather bored by the whole thing. I can see the faster scrolling and, personally, I find the look of the new guide to be more professional looking. However, I can see her point of view. What SHE thinks is.... what's really different? FUNCTIONALLY, what should I be pointing out to her? What's easier? It looks to me like the on-demand stuff might be better up to a point, but then it kinda works like it always did.

Other than being prettier... what does this new GUI bring to the table that I'm missing?

Nothing, but some user have just been clamoring to have it be prettier; LOL

I've only been with DirecTV since the summer, so I haven't really been 'clamoring' ! But after being with DishNetwork for 8 yrs, it has been such a pleasant switch... And to have this beautiful new HD guide is great.... in my opinion, if all you can say is "It's a different color", than you might as well go back to SD then... it just makes the viewing experience all that much more enjoyable... and to be able to get a sneek peak and download and test new software is such a great deal... hats off to DirecTV for the CE program :) !

-- Steve

LOL IMHO!! EGP and viewing experience? The channels are the viewing experience. Other than looking better, this EPG does nothing the other one didn't do also; which is guide me to the programming to view and a bit faster.

First-time CE download for me. Got the new guide and stuff.

Asked my wife how she likes the new guide. She said, "It's a different color" and seemed rather bored by the whole thing. I can see the faster scrolling and, personally, I find the look of the new guide to be more professional looking. However, I can see her point of view. What SHE thinks is.... what's really different? FUNCTIONALLY, what should I be pointing out to her? What's easier? It looks to me like the on-demand stuff might be better up to a point, but then it kinda works like it always did.

Other than being prettier... what does this new GUI bring to the table that I'm missing?

Well, the text is MUCH sharper .... also much easier on the eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)