No Chicago Olympics in 2016

I guess Dear Leader doen't have as much juice as he thought he did. :rolleyes: Didn't the IOC know that you can't say no to Obama?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't cities lose money when they host the Olympics? It really doesn't help a city and it won't help Chicago , that's for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't cities lose money when they host the Olympics? It really doesn't help a city and it won't help Chicago , that's for sure.
They ususally do, but Los Angeles turned a profit on the 84 Olympics because they were privately financed. Chicago would have almost certainly got taken to the cleaners hosting the Olympics if for no other reason than all of their politicians are crooks. What a bummer. First Blagovich gets caught trying to sell Obama's Senate seat and now this. What's a crooked poltician in Illinois gotta do? They got put food on the table somehow. :D

Well with Chicago's crime wave, who can blame them.

Maybe that was a bigger impact then folks are saying. I know if I was looking to visit for the Olympics and seeing folks beaten to death in the streets I'd think twice. As someone that lived in the Chicago area for over 50 years I'm kind of glad to see them not get it since there would be too many political friends get their pockets enriched at the publics expense, that's just life in the windy city.

Maybe that was a bigger impact then folks are saying. I know if I was looking to visit for the Olympics and seeing folks beaten to death in the streets I'd think twice. As someone that lived in the Chicago area for over 50 years I'm kind of glad to see them not get it since there would be too many political friends get their pockets enriched at the publics expense, that's just life in the windy city.

I lived there for quite a while and Chicago's crime is not that bad if you go per capita with other cities. Like ALL major cities of 500,000 people...there are some side that you avoid. EVERYTHING that had to do with the Olympics was gonna be nowhere near the bad side of the city.

I lived there for quite a while and Chicago's crime is not that bad if you go per capita with other cities. Like ALL major cities of 500,000 people...there are some side that you avoid. EVERYTHING that had to do with the Olympics was gonna be nowhere near the bad side of the city.
True, but the perception of the crime in Chicago probably influenced a lot of IOC voters.

Doesn't matter what the stats say or where you are in the city if you're the one on business end of a gun or a knife. Last week the teen clubbed to death was on the south side, this weeks was on the north side in Edgewater.

RIO's crime is TONS worse than Chicago, NYC and LA combined!!:confused::rolleyes:

I have been to Rio....they DO have better looking prostitutes...and more of them. I guess the legacy of Salt Lake City continues....LOL!

RIO's crime is TONS worse than Chicago, NYC and LA combined!!:confused::rolleyes:

I have been to Rio....they DO have better looking prostitutes...and more of them. I guess the legacy of Salt Lake City continues....LOL!
Yep, and from what I've seen in the reports is that Rio has said they have a plan for gettint rid og the crime by the time of the game, Chicago said nothing on that to the IOC or the folks that live there.

According to a rumor Chicago will be allowed to host the Olympics when the Cubs win the World Series. So, Chicago will never host the Olympics.