No Chicago Olympics in 2016

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Jacques Rogge wants to put the Olympics in more developing countries. Then again, when was the last time South America has hosted the Olympics?

I had fun attending the Olypics in Atlanta, but the stadium there was a joke. They built the Olympic Stadium and then tore half of it down right after the games in order to convert it to Turner Field. The thing looked stupid in the first place since half of it was designed for baseball. They also tore down Fulton County Stadium after the games, and the Omni a couple of years later. Seems like the winners in Atlanta were the demolitions crews.

If I remember correctly it looked like a large container of Mickey D's fries. But, I love Turner Field. I wanted to be the one who blew up Fulton County Stadium. I hated that place.

Actually, this was a no brainer for the IOC.

Do you give in to these asses:

racist-michele-obama.jpg

or these asses:

girls+from+ipanema

Rio baby! :D

WOW!! I miss Rio! LOL!

I had fun attending the Olypics in Atlanta, but the stadium there was a joke. They built the Olympic Stadium and then tore half of it down right after the games in order to convert it to Turner Field. The thing looked stupid in the first place since half of it was designed for baseball. They also tore down Fulton County Stadium after the games, and the Omni a couple of years later. Seems like the winners in Atlanta were the demolitions crews.
If I remember correctly it looked like a large container of Mickey D's fries. But, I love Turner Field. I wanted to be the one who blew up Fulton County Stadium. I hated that place.
Yeah, the torch was a big red Micky D's fry container. Was pretty pathetic.
Olympic%20Flame%20at%20Night.jpg

As for the stadium, I agree it looked lopsided, but the baseball stadium that was created from it is wonderful, and Atlanta Fulton Co. Stadium was pretty decrepit.

And since the Georgia Dome was fairly new, the last thing Atlanta needed was another full size stadium that nobody would be playing in.

As for the Omni, that wasn't replaced by the Phillips Arena until a few years after the Olympics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)