No Chicago Olympics in 2016

RIO's crime is TONS worse than Chicago, NYC and LA combined!!:confused::rolleyes:

I have been to Rio....they DO have better looking prostitutes...and more of them. I guess the legacy of Salt Lake City continues....LOL!

I agree if it was based on crime rate Rio would have never made it as far as they did.

Yep, and from what I've seen in the reports is that Rio has said they have a plan for gettint rid og the crime by the time of the game, Chicago said nothing on that to the IOC or the folks that live there.

ROFLMAO!! Not gonna happen.....it's not like moving the crime in Times Square to the next stree over...

The country of Brazil is ranked 20th world in murder ALONE...that has taken decades to build and fester....there is NO WAY that can be "cleaned up" in 7 years.

True, but the perception of the crime in Chicago probably influenced a lot of IOC voters.
Rio doesn't have a crime problem? :eek:

Actually, my daughter's aircraft carrier stopped there last Spring, and no one had any problems in the city during their stay.

Well looks like Pele is way more popular then Obama .. Pele was there and got the 2016 Olympics.

Chicago, and Illinois, haven't gotten the best PR lately. Perceived governmental corruption (in this case maybe justified), doesn't put you in a good light.

If that weren't the case, Louisiana would get the Olympics. :D

Chicago, and Illinois, haven't gotten the best PR lately. Perceived governmental corruption (in this case maybe justified), doesn't put you in a good light.

If political corruption were an Olympic sport Illinois, Louisiana and New Jersey would be the medal winners. :D

Yeah South America is known for it's political stability too.:D

Having lived in Atlanta during the 96 Olympics, I would say Chicago should be thankful. The bigwigs of the IOC are snobs and they do dislike America (except when wined and dined). Dick Pound and his wife proved that while in Atlanta with their actions and comments. The good thing is Atlanta got a lot of great venues but a lot of insults also. Remember, it was the first time the President of the IOC did not claim the games to be the best ever because of their contempt for Atlanta (IMHO at least). Of course Atlanta did not help their cause with Whatzit (Izzy) and pick up trucks being in the opening ceremonies.

However, the real reason Chicago lost was the President of the IOC did not want to get in between Al Capone and Elliot Ness.

Having lived in Atlanta during the 96 Olympics, I would say Chicago should be thankful. The bigwigs of the IOC are snobs and they do dislike America (except when wined and dined). Dick Pound and his wife proved that while in Atlanta with their actions and comments. The good thing is Atlanta got a lot of great venues but a lot of insults also. Remember, it was the first time the President of the IOC did not claim the games to be the best ever because of their contempt for Atlanta (IMHO at least). Of course Atlanta did not help their cause with Whatzit (Izzy) and pick up trucks being in the opening ceremonies.

However, the real reason Chicago lost was the President of the IOC did not want to get in between Al Capone and Elliot Ness.
I had fun attending the Olypics in Atlanta, but the stadium there was a joke. They built the Olympic Stadium and then tore half of it down right after the games in order to convert it to Turner Field. The thing looked stupid in the first place since half of it was designed for baseball. They also tore down Fulton County Stadium after the games, and the Omni a couple of years later. Seems like the winners in Atlanta were the demolitions crews.

Actually, this was a no brainer for the IOC.

Do you give in to these asses:

racist-michele-obama.jpg

or these asses:

girls+from+ipanema

Rio baby! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts