No color on 522 when turn on

I have a 522 and im having the static problem, and I have had a problem with my 2nd tv picture going to black and white once and it has not happened since. But the static problem on my main tv is really annoying.

Hello all! I'm having the same problem too. 522 with 2 tv's hooked up to tuner 2 via a splitter. I have found out how to cause it. When I pause my program on tuner 1 it will make tuner 2 black and white. When I'm watching something recorded. Be it on the DVR or after I pause live tv and replay then pause again. If I'm live I can pause without the issue. I just pause tuner 2 and un-pause and it goes back to color. If I leave tuner 1 paused tuner 2 will go back to b&w in a matter of seconds.

I actually just got a replacement receiver for a different reason so I know it is not the system. (I know you guys have figured that out but thought I'd throw that in there)

UPDATE>>Wife just yelled down the hall asking if I just paused. I did not. But my recording I was watching ended, then tuner 2 went b&w.

Ok I'll shut up now and will be checking in.

Take care!
Yancy

Hello all! I'm having the same problem too. 522 with 2 tv's hooked up to tuner 2 via a splitter. I have found out how to cause it. When I pause my program on tuner 1 it will make tuner 2 black and white. When I'm watching something recorded. Be it on the DVR or after I pause live tv and replay then pause again. If I'm live I can pause without the issue. I just pause tuner 2 and un-pause and it goes back to color. If I leave tuner 1 paused tuner 2 will go back to b&w in a matter of seconds.

I actually just got a replacement receiver for a different reason so I know it is not the system. (I know you guys have figured that out but thought I'd throw that in there)

UPDATE>>Wife just yelled down the hall asking if I just paused. I did not. But my recording I was watching ended, then tuner 2 went b&w.

Ok I'll shut up now and will be checking in.

Take care!
Yancy

I tested this on mine. When you pause a show on TV 1, TV 2 goes black and white.

I tested this on mine. When you pause a show on TV 1, TV 2 goes black and white.

Good to see it is happening to others. I'm still waiting to hear anything on here before I bother calling. It is such a pain to deal with tech support. If it continues to be a problem then I might call but I'm able to deal with it right now.

Yancy

When I pause a recorded show on TV1, TV2 will go black and white if watching a live show. If you hit the reverse button once and take TV2 out of live mode, the color returns. Also unpausing TV1 will return color on TV2. Dish Network is aware of this problem. It is a software glick on L413.

I emailed tech support
response was

Thank you for your e-mail. We are aware of the issue with this receiver. Our engineers are working on the problem. It will be corrected in a software update. Your contribution of information would help us figure out the issue. If you could reply to this email and include:

Access your "System Information" screen, by pressing "Menu" then the numbers 6-1-3 on the remote control. We need the following:

* Model ID (in box D)

* Software Version (in box D)

* Receiver CA ID (in box E, R00)

* Smart Card CA ID (in box E, S00 or S19)

Press the number 3 on your remote:

* The number starting with DNASP

* Bootstrap Version

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/index.shtml

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 1:30 PM-10:00 PM (MDT) 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option.

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departm...al/content/tech/techchatadvcustformrf23.shtml

Thanks,

Shawn S.

DISH Network Technical eCare

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 1:48 PM
To: Tech
Subject: Technical Support, 9143810667

Account Number: 8255-

Question: When I pause live TV my 622 on TV1, TV2 goes black and white

This is a well documented problem on the forums

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=84648

When can I expect a resolution?

Thank you

Kevin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)