No DC Light-Install problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BOBHUSKER

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Northern California
First off, I am a newbie to C-Band so I apologize if I am asking a stupid question. I just bought a used C-band dish with LNB. I am not sure exactly what type of LNB ( Single feed for both C and KU band). I just know it was for a 4DTV receiver, which did not come with the unit. I have purchased a brand new 4DTV 922 receiver. My friend that is installing it has not done C-Band for several years and is having problems. Right now, the dish is hooked to my receiver through the C-Band only hook up and his signal meter is getting a strong signal form the Galaxy 18, 123 satellite. However, no matter what settings I try, I cannot get the DC light to come on and start taking the necessary downloads for set-up. If I understand correctly, I cannot call Sky Vision until I have the DC light on, correct? Or, would calling them and having them set my clock fix this problem?

Any suggestions would be very appreciated as I am getting very frustrated.
Thanks
Bob (Northern California)

I would try G1 / galaxy 15 @ 133 Channel 3... Thats where the guide data is and the dc light will light up too. Thats where skyvision will want you to be when you call.

Also try messing with the lnb settings.

If you have a voltage controlled lnbf try "feedhorn polarization" rotated 90*

When you get a DC light on G1 channel 3 let it download your sats then go to channel 11 and 12 ( analog channels)to make sure you are get both H and V polarities then you can call your provider and please stay away from NPS i just switched from them as they are liars and can not be trusted and do not deserve anymore of my money. Good luck and hope you enjoy your 4DTV as much as i enjoy mine

Moving my dish to the 133 sat solved the problem. The booklet that came with my receiver was wrong. It said to aim to the 123. Thanks for helping me solve this problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)