No discount for Multiple Receivers

fluffybear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2005
International Falls, MN
I just spoke with someone over at ITVN and was very disappointed to learn that ITVN WILL NOT be offering multi receiver discounts in regards to programming.

I personally think this a big mistake for ITVN and hope that they rethink their policy in the near future. My wife and I had discussed adding at least 2 more receivers to our house but with programming being charged at full price, NO WAY..

At the moment the programming model does not support it (and probably neither does your broadband connection)

However in the future I could see the availability of a multi reciever package when there is more programming to support it and when they can tie your boxes to one IP address.

Scott Greczkowski said:
At the moment the programming model does not support it (and probably neither does your broadband connection)

However in the future I could see the availability of a multi reciever package when there is more programming to support it and when they can tie your boxes to one IP address.

I just feel like not offering programming discounts for additional receivers is going to restrict them. With Starz on Demand going hot int he next few days I can see how someone might want at least 2 units.

fluffybear said:
I just feel like not offering programming discounts for additional receivers is going to restrict them. With Starz on Demand going hot int he next few days I can see how someone might want at least 2 units.

Fluffybear,

I replied to the thread you started on our own forums. This is a valid point which has been discussed internally. There are a few factors involved (such as adequate bandwidth in case multiple boxes are used concurrently) and so far ITVN is solely meant to supplement your main entertainment center. As we grow the natural progression will be to address this issue by allowing multiple receivers along with programming discounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts