No Dish Access on AMC App

Dish was able to get AMC Networks on Sling but not get us access to the AMC app? Seems weird to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some of the deals dont make sense to me. Just like the huge deal they recently signed with cbs but we never got access to cbs on demand

You would think that new deals would include access to apps and on demand content since everyone is pushing the tv anywhere,anytime concept

Reactions: Tampa8
Dish was able to get AMC Networks on Sling but not get us access to the AMC app? Seems weird to me.

When the next DISH contract with AMC is on the table, perhaps it will be included.

When the next DISH contract with AMC is on the table, perhaps it will be included.

Perhaps if the OP is still with Dish at that time, he may care.

If you look at the provider drop down menu when registering with AMC, you'll see literally dozens of small and tiny footprint providers who's customers can get this. While Dish service often times costs less than many other providers, it isn't exactly cheap. If these small providers can find a way to connect their customers with AMC, a nation-wide provider like Dish sure can.

Perhaps if the OP is still with Dish at that time, he may care.

If you look at the provider drop down menu when registering with AMC, you'll see literally dozens of small and tiny footprint providers who's customers can get this. While Dish service often times costs less than many other providers, it isn't exactly cheap. If these small providers can find a way to connect their customers with AMC, a nation-wide provider like Dish sure can.
All based on the contracts done, and if not put in while in negotiations we all know it will likely not be added till the next. Disney was a prime example and so is Fox. It's just another card for each provider and channel owner to hold, and in all reality, I would rather have a larger DA library for less, than a larger number of streaming sites. If I am not mistaken, that was one of the benefits Dish took from the AMC deal, although it doesn't replicate any channels own streaming site.

It also comes down (During negotiations) to how important the carrier feels that aspect is worth.
I have no doubt by percentage very few, very very few actually care that much about it, and even less once they use it. Commercials are a huge complaint.

Directv subscribers had no access to HBOGO for very long time, Directv felt their on demand was enough. At some point they felt differently as DISH may do with access to some apps there is none to now.
I also see DISH has more access via DA than some providers give.

Dish and AMC aren't the best of friends. The fact that they agreed on just the TV channel is the primary goal of both companies: AMC is a pretty popular channel, so Dish really wants (or needs the channel) and at the same time, Dish does bring almost 14 million households to AMC.

If you recall the only reason we got AMC back was that Dish had to settle out of court with AMC(Over those rainbow HD channels that no longer exist). It was one of those disputes where it seemed almost completely clear to me that DIsh was actually at fault and NOT AMC.If i recall right Dish had to pay quite a bit over that mess.

$700 million overall if not mistaken, but that was them getting off light. They did choose to remove the AMC stations, but AMC made the decision to file a $2.5 billion lawsuit at the end of a contract. Would you continue to give money to someone trying to take you to the cleaners? Besides, if you recall what the lawsuit details were, the VOOM channels, or Rainbow Media, promised to come out with new content and was exclusive to Dish, and they just were giving episodes of old shows... They didn't meet their end of the bargain. Where Dish made a good business move, and AMC made a bad one, they both were equally at fault with one another. Besides, Charlie chalked it up to a win, and AMC almost went under and now is one of the biggest names in TV channels. Neither party was hurt in the long run, and both got something extraordinary out of the deal, thanks to the publicity of it all b

Reactions: kenny9966
700 Million is quite a bit even for Dish but im glad they finally somewhat kissed and made up. I remember it being quite a feud between them. Im sure AMC loved the fact the month before the contract was over Dish decided to hide the channel in the 5000 range.

$700 million was a steal compared to paying for the channels, and the potential and likely loss of $2.5 billion that AMC was going after. I remember it only being something like 2 weeks before going down.

Dish was wrong from a legal standpoint (hence the $700 million payout), but on principle, Dish did the right thing with the VOOM channels at the time.

Dish was wrong from a legal standpoint (hence the $700 million payout), but on principle, Dish did the right thing with the VOOM channels at the time.
A different judge, that could have gone a different way. Where they were really wrong was deleting emails. I did find it funny that they caused cableVisions Sr to burst out, and made the media rep cry in court. That didn't help their case at all, but I will say it was an exciting trial to follow.

AMC also got really lucky it was back for the season 3 premiere of TWD where the show really started to grow season to season

Well the same could be said for Dish, they had already given out HUGE credits and Rokus, to boot leading up to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)