No ESPN NewsHD this morning?

I told you guys about this yesterday. Nada!!! None means Zero. E*does not care about us. Do not expect any new National HD any time soon.I gave up my hope, and you should too.

You're either sarcastic ("soon") or you get off by making people who read this forum believe you actually know something. In either case, posts like this are absolutely worthless unless you have concrete information.
Ummm, that's called gossip and/or rumours. We see that a lot, don't we ? It's nice to hear about a new channel we may get, but I don't sit in front of my TV waiting for it to appear, forcing updates, and so on. When it shows up, it shows up....

I told you guys about this yesterday. Nada!!! None means Zero. E*does not care about us. Do not expect any new National HD any time soon.I gave up my hope, and you should too.

You're right, they don't care at all. They started up their business to draw you in just to piss you off!
My favorite part of your post is where you tell us all what we should do. :rolleyes:

The only thing I am tired of is lack of information directly from dish. Some of the Rumors come from 3rd party like espn or whatever.

Direct seems to be fullfilling there promises to thier customers of 100 HD (link below for people think I am making things up)
The truth comes out about DirecTV's 100 HD channels - Engadget HD

So with the addition of the 3 HDs today, it brings them up to 95 as stated here:
DirecTV adds Disney Channel HD, Toon Disney HD and ESPNews HD - Engadget HD

So I wish there will be some concrete information instead of guess work and hopes.

Last edited:
The only thing I am tired of is lack of information directly from dish. Some of the Rumors come from 3rd party like espn or whatever.

Direct seems to be fullfilling there promises to thier customers of 100 HD (link below for people think I am making things up)
The truth comes out about DirecTV's 100 HD channels - Engadget HD

So with the addition of the 3 HDs today, it brings them up to 95 as stated here:
DirecTV adds Disney Channel HD, Toon Disney HD and ESPNews HD - Engadget HD

So I wish there will be some concrete information instead of guess work and hopes.

is Dish not fufilling their promise of The new Hd this year? so far everything we have seen is def. steps in the right direction.....did Directv get all those channels in a week? a month? 3 months? even a year? no it took them awhile.

Im not saying that i want it all right now. I'm just saying the way it looks to the non-informative public who do not come to sites like this or have friends in the industry look at things like dish just sitting on their hands.

The lack of information is what my gripe is, is like to find out when new hd national channels are getting turned on is like trying to find weapons of mass destruction

Can someone who use both Dish and Direct TV tell us if both are the same or is one better. If Direct TV DVR is good I guess DISH will see a hugh turn rarte 2008 is the year of HD

I have both and right now D* is better for me. I think the picture and programming beat E*. The 722 is a better receiver then the D* but not by much.

Im not saying that i want it all right now. I'm just saying the way it looks to the non-informative public who do not come to sites like this or have friends in the industry look at things like dish just sitting on their hands.

The lack of information is what my gripe is, is like to find out when new hd national channels are getting turned on is like trying to find weapons of mass destruction

gotcha! I 100% agree with you. and would like to add, its not the lack of information, but the lack of Concrete information and commitments from dish.

gotcha! I 100% agree with you. and would like to add, its not the lack of information, but the lack of Concrete information and commitments from dish.

Bingo. Its just real vague.

Coming Soon in reality could be anywhere from now til forever. I would rather hear, no new national channels until winter 09 then nothing. Something like that would be better then every week I rush to this site to get shot down after reading the weekly reports.

Directv R15

I used to have Directv. I switched to E* 1 1/2 years ago. I still have two R15s in storage that I don't use, plus two regular receivers. My wife hated the R15 to fast forward or rewind. I didn't like it either. We liked Tivo a lot better. However, the E* DVRs are the best ones I've ever used!

I tell you, when a new subscriber has a new HDTV and are looking at either E* or D*, they are going to count HD channels. Who will they go with? The one that has less channels and keeps saying "soon", or the one that IS adding channels on a regular basis? (and avoiding lawsuits and somehow can negotiate a frigging contract on a timely basis)

Well when a person buys a new HDTV they 1) don't know what HD is to begin with for the most part (hence the reason dvd sales are still pretty high), 2) don't realize that 80% of the HD that D* has that E* does not (percentage pulled out of my ass as I know it will be questioned) is not even showing HD. Dish can claim that they are 100% HD and tell people to push the stretch button and they will be equal to some of what D* is offering. That said we do have a timeline which is "by the next charlie chat you will have most of these channels" so by June we should have most of that list and based on what Scott has been saying by the end of this month we should have an additional bunch (my guess 5-6 with them being USA, SciFi, FX, ESPN News, Disney, and Toon Disney (last 3 being ABC owned and thus forced) )

I'm counting the days until Dish does get their act together. I get my daily dose of ESPN news every morning before work to catch up on last nights games and now they've changed their programing for HD. All the box scores and game info are on the side of the screen instead of after the replay and now I can't see anything because I'm stuck watching SD. I'm a stat geek, sue me.

Cox in Phoenix didn't add any of the channels that D* did either. And Cox is way behind E*. The ticker on ESPN today said ESPNNWS HD was available on D* and select cable systems, didn't mention E*.

ESPN2HD showed ESPNewsHD from 4:00 A.M. to 4:30 A.M (Central time) last night. 30 minute show, new tickers and graphics and all. Not sure if it is on ESPN2 HD every morning at 4:00 A.M., but it might be worth a look. I saw what I was missing. Pretty good, not that good. I set up a timer for tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts