No Future For Me At Satguys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest frustration for me which I believe the OP mentioned was that that all the subscribed/watched threads no longer kept the "last read" status from the previous site. So it was a pain to find where I left off in a thread. That I'm sure was a necessary evil and a quick "Mark Forums Read" let me start fresh. Between the "Watched Threads" and the "Multiview", I am back and navigating as efficiently as I was before, even more efficiently as I can customize the Multiview to only the forums I frequent.

Hopefully Waylew hasn't already jumped ship, as this change (aside from the color schemes and font sizes, which is a work in progress) is definitely for the better.

Reactions: Tampa8
I hope Waylew was just having a bad day... Just my opinion that this change (for users) is nothing to lose sleep over. I'm sure Scott has lost plenty of sleep already.

The biggest frustration for me which I believe the OP mentioned was that that all the subscribed/watched threads no longer kept the "last read" status from the previous site. So it was a pain to find where I left off in a thread. That I'm sure was a necessary evil and a quick "Mark Forums Read" let me start fresh.
That's one "issue" I have, but I'm not huffing and puffing and threatening to leave over it ! ;)

I'll probably do what you did - just mark everything in all of the forums as 'read' and start over.

I have TRIED to read all this thread - my eyes re complaining on the small print in the comments and huge print in the ads. A 7 inch screen... SOME of The ads at the top are over 2 inches tall. They cover up the first line of the thread.
I am not sure what is causing me to have to wait as I hunt and peck - I am loosing about every fifth character as I type.
And with my blazing internet speed, without the "next thread" button I am having a difficult time loading the index to pick the next thread.
I WILL NOT say I am gone, but this forum is not NOW working for me. I feel like I am on Tel Net again.

I have to say that, officially, as of right now, I am pretty much used to the new SatelliteGuys. This was a really great job from Scott and anyone else that helped. Thank you all.

Only thing that stills gets on my nerves is when I read a forum and it still appears as unread/new threads (blue button). It is uneven, sometimes the blue indicator disappears, sometimes it stays. Must be a refresh issue of some kind. Else than that, everything is pretty much great.

I haven't had any issues with unread markers since I marked everything read and started fresh. Maybe that is what is prescribed here.

As to the prior post, I haven't tried using my phone yet, so if things are unreadable on Tapatalk, that will be one less access point that I would make use of.

I haven't had any issues with unread markers since I marked everything read and started fresh. Maybe that is what is prescribed here.
I'm using Tapatalk and I did the "mark forums as read" and my "Subscribed" line has no number in parentheses after it (meaning I'm all caught up).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

As to the prior post, I haven't tried using my phone yet, so if things are unreadable on Tapatalk, that will be one less access point that I would make use of.
It takes one run through everything for it to all get marked properly. The software conversion did not preserve where you were at in all the threads and which threads you had commented in. Once you have gone through them all and marked read it will keep track of it. Once you have replied again in a thread it will show it as commented on by you.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, I know that, but I wasn't going to go through dozens of threads individually to have them all marked properly. That's why I did a global reset and marked everything as read. I still have all my watched threads and any new unread posts show normally, as do the new commented icons going forward.

It takes one run through everything for it to all get marked properly.
I had 70+ threads showing as updated or with new posts (but they weren't updated). You're suggesting people open every thread in order to reset things? :coco

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dare2be
For those that haven't found it...when you click the "Mark Forums Read" button, one of the options in the pop-up is "Mark All Forums Read"...click that and you're done in one swipe. No need to open every thread to reset things. :D

For those that haven't found it...when you click the "Mark Forums Read" button, one of the options in the pop-up is "Mark All Forums Read"...click that and you're done in one swipe. No need to open every thread to reset things. :D

Great, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)