No Fx HD or SPEED HD here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tasmithe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
I don't seem to be getting FxHD or SpeedHD. I have the Platinum (I think that's the highest level) TurboHD package. Is something wrong? I'm getting all the rest of the newly added HD channels.

I have an old package from years ago called "America's Everything." And all the HD channels that have gone up I have received as well. However, I do not get speed or FX. I have just switched to the 129 satellite, maybe that has something to do with it? Any ideas?

Two channels..

I don't seem to be getting FxHD or SpeedHD. I have the Platinum (I think that's the highest level) TurboHD package. Is something wrong? I'm getting all the rest of the newly added HD channels.

I am not getting FX/Speed either as they are red in the program quide. This is on my 622. I am getting them both on my 211Ks. So this is a authorization problem on the 622 from what I can see. Did a check switch and reload of program guide without success.
I hope someone will jump in and maybe provide a way of getting them w/o having to call dish for a "hit" on the receiver...
Gerry

I have the everything pak. i had to call and get them to rehit my reciver. Try this. You will go through the normal check list with the csr but in the end it works.

Speed and FX are not available in the Turbo package. They are only available for Classic Silver with HD and above. The other three added are Platinum HD channels.

I have the 250 pack with HD gold and whatever the hell they call it now. No platinum, no premiums. My FXHD and SpeedHD were in red also. I called Dish tech support and told them the problem and asked if they could send a hit. They did and those channels lit right up.

Interestingly though, the tech who sent the hit said he didn't see FX listed as HD.... so I politely gave him the CHANNEL NUMBER.

There's that communication thing again.

Anyways... if you're entitled to the channels and don't have them, just call tech support, choose teh "missing channels" thing... get jerked around by their friendly phone system for a minute and then just hit "0" (that's a zero) to get switched out to a human. 5 minute phone call if that and I'm in business.

If you have a "Turbo" package, you will not get SpeedHD and FXHD at this time. If you have Classic silver or above with the HD addon and you do not see these 2 channels you will need to contact dish and get a rehit. The easist way to do this is do it via chat.

I was on the phone with a CSR ("Roger" ... from deep in the Punjab ... if u get my drift) who was zero help. After losing patience with him I asked for a supervisor and he ended up transferring me to Carl from Virginia with a nice Southern drawl. I knew it would get taken care of.

He sent a signal and bam, both channels were up. BTW, I have the Platinum package(722) so I knew I should have gotten those two channels.

FYI, he told me that sometimes the new channels won't show up until there is a hard reset (hold your power button for 10 secs) on your receiver. Not sure if that is true, but what the heck, next time I'll try that rather than wasting 43 out of 45 minutes of a Saturday afternoon (43 with my Indian friend Roger / 2 minutes with Carl)

If you have a "Turbo" package, you will not get SpeedHD and FXHD at this time. If you have Classic silver or above with the HD addon and you do not see these 2 channels you will need to contact dish and get a rehit. The easist way to do this is do it via chat.

Does it mean that we may get them in the future? Why won't Dish communicate with us and tell us what their plans are for the Turbo packages instead of leaving us in the dark!!!:down

I have Gold HD and the these two were showing up as RED in my Guide while their SD equivalents where there.

I called the CSR and ask them to "rehit" my receiver. The channels were up with in moments. Total on phone time, 4 minutes.

I called the CSR and ask them to "rehit" my receiver. The channels were up with in moments. Total on phone time, 4 minutes.

Quick, hop on a plane and head for Las Vegas, while you're still on a lucky streak. I did the exact same thing and lost at CSR roulette and it took 20 minutes and two CSRs to get a rehit.

Now that I know about the automated system, and how much faster online chat is, I won't be calling the 800 number anymore.

FYI, he told me that sometimes the new channels won't show up until there is a hard reset (hold your power button for 10 secs) on your receiver.

I tried that twice with no luck.

Just go to the DishNetwork home page and look for the LIVE chat. Click on the Tech support link.

I told the person I was not getting the new channels. She asked for my account # and my box ID #. With in 5 minutes of the start of the chat I had SPEED and FX HD.:up

I had this problem of having the latest (FX, Speed, BET, etc.) HD with SD equivalents showing up as red in the 9000's and not mapped down on 2 of my boxes, but the rest had those channels available in HD, as I am entitled to them. I had to call Dish Tech Assist and they fixed it (did something on his end that may have been more than a simple hit) and now I get all those channels in HD and mapped down.

I had the same problem where the SD channels were OK but the new HD channels were showing red in the program guide. A simple 3 minute chat session with a rehit resolved the issue. Both HD channels are now coming in fine.

I had same problem and used online help to get a "re-hit". Problem solved after a reboot. This site (and thread) much better source of info than Dishnetwork.com.
Online help is much less frustrating than using the phone and actually speaking to "an expert CSR"...

well, good thing I came here to check for any new news. I didn't know SPEED/FX were added as they were not showing up for me either
I just had a rehit and the upper channels 9468 or whatever it is appeared and i am doing a check switch to get it mapped down to 150/136 or that should get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)