No Fx HD or SPEED HD here

Just think of the thousands probably that don't have a clue they were added. These forums only reach a few that are tech savy and or are just interested enough in HD to research. I bet a percentage small as it probably is that dump Dish do so because they see their neighbors who might have DirecTv or seen the neverending commercials and inserts in their papers almost daily decide DirecTv has it all and Dish.... is just falling behind. Its a shame. :(

This is a list of my programing per dishonline:
Current Programming: GoldHD, Classic Silver 200
Local Channels: Atlanta, GA DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, PlatinumHD
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK, Fox Sports South, SportSouth, DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO, DISH Network DVR Service Fee
How much more confusing can that be? It seems every several months they change the names of the packages. If I didn't already know what channels I get, I sure wouldn't know by this list...

This is a list of my programing per dishonline:
Current Programming: GoldHD, Classic Silver 200
Local Channels: Atlanta, GA DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, PlatinumHD
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK, Fox Sports South, SportSouth, DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO, DISH Network DVR Service Fee
How much more confusing can that be? It seems every several months they change the names of the packages. If I didn't already know what channels I get, I sure wouldn't know by this list...

What is that, it shows on my account also?

I was on the phone with a CSR ("Roger" ... from deep in the Punjab ... if u get my drift) who was zero help. After losing patience with him I asked for a supervisor and he ended up transferring me to Carl from Virginia with a nice Southern drawl. I knew it would get taken care of.

He sent a signal and bam, both channels were up. BTW, I have the Platinum package(722) so I knew I should have gotten those two channels.

FYI, he told me that sometimes the new channels won't show up until there is a hard reset (hold your power button for 10 secs) on your receiver. Not sure if that is true, but what the heck, next time I'll try that rather than wasting 43 out of 45 minutes of a Saturday afternoon (43 with my Indian friend Roger / 2 minutes with Carl)

oh i got the same guy. He said SPEED or FX was not an HD channel. I got an American tech when transferred and he did the rehit and they appeared in about 15 seconds.
Then I did a check switch to get them mapped to 150 and 136

but the first tech I received was pathetic and had no clue what to do or even that it was available

but at least SPEED is in HD for the Nascar all star race. Too bad the F1 has been in crappy stretchovision. They are not really in HD to start with right BUT are in widescreen and it will be a lot better, I assume.

Last edited:
I have classic gold 250 and speed and FX did not show up for me also. I had time last night so I called. Despite all the horror stories, I got Tiffany from Colorado who was great. She had me lit up quickly. While on the phone I inquired about the Cinemax for a penny and she lit that up. She then asked me if I had an email I would like to give them and asked if I wanted credit card auto pay. I said I allready do that. She then said I can have HBO/Showtime free for 3 months she even reminded me to cancel before 3 months to avoid a charge all without me asking. Probably the best Dish CSR I have had.

Why is this even happening? I mean what is going on over at dish that we all have to call in or chat to get these channels. Like someone said back what about the 1000's of people that don't read boards like this...heck I would never have known if it wasn't for SG....I did the chat that worked...but the person also told me FX was not one of the HD channels (clearly it is)....so something is going on at DISH...makes me a little worried a big company like this all of a sudden can't seem to get us the channels like they always have.

I was as well hit with the "Where are the FX/Speed HD channels?". There is another thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-fx-hd-more-week-now-live-24.html#post1816478 that talks about it. If you dont want to talk to anybody at Dish then this is the way to do it:

Call 1-800-333-DISH, you will go through an automated system. It will then ask if the phone you are calling from is on the account. It then ask you to say what you want help with: say "Refresh my list", it will then say maybe i can help you, it will say press one or say one for billing... wait until after its gets through and say "Technical Support". Follow the prompts and when they ask if you are seeing an "Error" or "Attention" message say "Yes." Then they'll ask for the error code. You can reply with either "013" or "014." Depending on your setup, It may ask if you know which reciever is having the problem, just reply no. The voice will then tell you that they are sending a signal to your receiver. It takes a few minutes, but the channels will show up. This is much easier than dealing with a live person and trying to explain everything. ~more than half of this came from the help of Rimbaud

At the first of the automated system I may have the question order wrong, I just wanted my HD channels. Good luck to everyone.

Bring on the HD!

I have the absolute package, so I did not get speedtv. I would like to watch the all star race Saturday but am not willing to lose this package and double my bill for one race. Is there any way to watch it online?

She's been upset since I switched to absolute. I'd been telling her Speed HD was coming SOON and when it was lit up but not on Absolute that was the end. She's a diehard NASCAR fan. If you get in her car, Sirius is always on the Nascar channel.:D

She's been upset since I switched to absolute. I'd been telling her Speed HD was coming SOON and when it was lit up but not on Absolute that was the end. She's a diehard NASCAR fan. If you get in her car, Sirius is always on the Nascar channel.:D

They have had a lot of the All Star race coverage and the HD looks pretty good so far. SPEED really in SD on my HDTV was pretty ugly. It seemed worse to me than other SD channels.

I understand that. I pitty the fool who tries to get between my sister and her NASCAR. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I just noticed my 211k had the channels yet my 622 and my 722 didn't. I did live chat with tech support and after a few minutes my 622/722 were updated.

There must be a sh*t ton of people out there that don't even know.

I did the online tech support and had Speed HD and FX HD up and running within 5 minutes. It definitely seems the online CSRs have got it together better than the phone CSRs.

I had to call also to have speed hd activated. I was transferred to 2nd level support and the guy had me go through a bunch of things like signal strength and looking at the channel in the 9000's. Finally he said he would send a signal to my receiver.

He said he has never seen this before and hasn't heard anyone mention this happening. This is really strange because I had no idea these channels were live until I came here today. :mad:

I had to call also to have speed hd activated. I was transferred to 2nd level support and the guy had me go through a bunch of things like signal strength and looking at the channel in the 9000's. Finally he said he would send a signal to my receiver.

He said he has never seen this before and hasn't heard anyone mention this happening. This is really strange because I had no idea these channels were live until I came here today. :mad:
I'm glad to see E* leaves their employees uninformed as much as us!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)