No G1 on 920????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I haven't used my 920 for over a week because of overtime I was working. :)
The last time I used my 920 I had no problems. I was surfing the arc for channels and even watched some channels on my FTA reciever piggybacked to my 920.
Well Monday night I decided to watch some channels on my 920 and noticed something wasn't right. Usually if I turn off my 920 while on another satellite other than G1, the 920 would automatically go to G1-151 for whatever updates it need. It usually does that at 2:00 am.
The 920 was still on the satellite I was on the last time I watched it.
I cut off the 920 to see if the clock is ok. Fine, still showing accurate time. (I recently went thru a battery change).
I turned it back on and went to the menu to select satellite. NO G1! :confused:
I went to Options 6 4 4 to maybe reprogram G1 back into the 920.
Guess what? G1 was not mapped into the channel map! All the satellites (C and Ku) are all listed except G1!!! :rant:
Like most of you 4DTV users G1 usually a hard satellite to get a decent DC II lite up. I have been managing to get a signal on 151.
Are any of you guys having this problem? I haven't done a soft reset yet. I wanted to touch base with you hoping to get a grip on this. I still get Bloomberg and some of the channels on GB but when I go to Diagnostic C screen I notiiced a LS instead of ZK.
What's going on? Do I need to park on another satellite to get a remap? If so, where?
Than you in advance...

Check your TDT count, if 1920 this can make the 4dtv loose satellites. A master reset will be needed.

G1 shouldn't be a hard satellite to get unless you have tree's or a building etc in the view. The satellite is very powerful. If you were having low signal when you did get it the dish is out of alignment.

Tvropro, G1 was back when I check the 6 4 4 menu and reprogramed it back. I do have trees near this dish and sometimes I can't get TP 3 DC II to lite up but can get TP 151 with good results.
With the leaves starting to fall it will be better. I will be moving the dish at another location very soon.
This is the first time this has happen. Thank you for your response!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)