NO HD For Apts! Is there anything i can do??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocmike79

Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Hi Guys

I just moved into an apt. complex, and they go through a seperate company called Digital Satellite Inc. to get directv service.

So i'm calling to order an HD package, and the rep. tells me that my apts. don't have satellite capabilites for HD...(they have a dish on top of the apt. building). What year is this again?!

So, I'm gonna talk to the manager to see any updates in the future...but i doubt it. My question, is there anything i can do to get around this? HD converter boxes only work for digital cable right?

A dish upgrade should be easy enough for them, expecially with the SWM8 now and daisychaining. I would think. Correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps SWM8 isn't available yet in your area though.

They probably have just the 101 satellite on their setup, which is SD only. It is not cheap for an apartment building to upgrade to MFH2+ to offer HD, internationals, or others. You will have more success getting your own dish installed IF you have a view to the south (balcony or possibly window)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts