no HD for locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
I just signed up for Directv and see on their confirmation email that they don't have local channels in HD. What's up with that? I didn't see that listed anywhere (noticable) when I ordered. why wouldn't they have that? They are talking about ABC, NBC and CBS right? That's the main channels I watch. Very disappointed--thinking about cancelling before they install. :mad: Or are they just talking about Kcal, KTTV and KTLA locals to Los Angeles which I would miss too but at least it wouldn't be everything.

Last edited:
Kcal, KTTV and KTLA - Those are LA stations. I'm assuming you're in LA or Orange County possibly. The main networks and possibly other channels for LA are HD as far as I know. Did you order HD receivers for the install? :popcorn

Go here and enter your zip code, DIRECTV: HD Locals under find my locals

Thanks, I did that but it is still confusing. with my zip code--92882--(riverside county just over the line from Orange county) when I click on HD channels it lists my locals but the email they sent from my order (2 HD DVR's) says "Your order includes HD Access and an HD receiver, giving you access to all of the national HD channels associated with the programming package you selected. You will also enjoy your local channels in standard definition. Please note, however, that we're currently unable to offer local channels in HD in your area."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)