No HD Locals - Dish Pointing??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oc_skip@yahoo.com

Original poster
May 21, 2008
New to forum. D* user. Have Slimline 5 LNB dish. Have been trying to get it pointed correctly - lost all ESPN once 73 went away recently. Always has issues with 101 and 99. I have been able to get it pointed better, mid 90's on 103, 119, and 110. I am pulling high 40's to 60 now on 99 and 101. If I optimize either 99 or 101 I loose big on the other. Thouhts on this - no I do not have a signal strength device - yes I do have the HD gizmo in line for the higher bands.

Even with these lower 99 and 101 readings I get pretty much all the HD channels - except I get no local HD's. Anyone know what sat and transponders I should optimize to get these - Baltimore locals. Thanks in advance.:mad:

New to forum. D* user. Have Slimline 5 LNB dish. Have been trying to get it pointed correctly - lost all ESPN once 73 went away recently. Always has issues with 101 and 99. I have been able to get it pointed better, mid 90's on 103, 119, and 110. I am pulling high 40's to 60 now on 99 and 101. If I optimize either 99 or 101 I loose big on the other. Thouhts on this - no I do not have a signal strength device - yes I do have the HD gizmo in line for the higher bands.

Even with these lower 99 and 101 readings I get pretty much all the HD channels - except I get no local HD's. Anyone know what sat and transponders I should optimize to get these - Baltimore locals. Thanks in advance.:mad:

I'm not sure if Baltimore hd locals are on 99 or 103, but you can find out here:http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...7596-directv-transponder-maps-data-6-5-a.html
To peak the dish, you start by making sure the skew is correct, then pointing at 101. When it is strong, check 119 and adjust the skew if necessary to get it in good. Then check for 99 and 103. That is where the fine adjustments come in. There is a video at Solid Signal - Signal Solutions including HDTV Antennas, DIRECTV & DISH Network satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories that details how to properly point the dish. Good luck!

It appears that I need sat D10@103W/ TPN 15 fpr my locals. I still need D11@99W/TPN 4, 2, etc. for ESPN and others/ Any tricks to fine tuning the 103 and 99 sats? What is an acceptable signal strength to have on each? I have open sky, sat sits at 20' above sea level, have set for coordinates for 21842 zip.

It appears that I need sat D10@103W/ TPN 15 fpr my locals. I still need D11@99W/TPN 4, 2, etc. for ESPN and others/ Any tricks to fine tuning the 103 and 99 sats? What is an acceptable signal strength to have on each? I have open sky, sat sits at 20' above sea level, have set for coordinates for 21842 zip.
It looks like your dish is just way out of alignment. Have you looked at the install manual and videos showing how you "dither" the dish to find the peak on 101? A well-aligned dish will have many of the 101 (and 119 for the 5-lnb) signals at 100 or very close, and the 99 and 103 signals will then automatically be peaked in the high 80s at least, preferably 90s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts