No HDMI on VIP222k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rainmaker556

Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
PA
Greetings!

I went out and got a nice HDMI cable for my box today. I come home and hook it all up and all i get on screen is no signal. So first thing i do is make sure the HDMI is connected right on both ends. Check.

Then I power off the whole setup, replug everything. At this point the only cable going from the box (VIP222k) to the TV (samsung 38" LCD) is the HDMI cable. I power everything back on and see on the TV the dish network logo that says "Starting Up." I think, "Sweet", because that's how i talk
smile.gif
. But alas, as soon as its done with that screen i get "no signal."

So at this point i am very confused. I decide to keep HDMI hooked up and plug in Component cable. I never turned the box off or hit reset or anything between the time i saw "no signal" and plugged in the component cable. So I switch the TV source to component and there it is, in its 1920x1080i glory. So at least i know i didn't break anything. So...yeah...I now start to experiment with different combination of connections and settings. So i then set everything back to factory default, and i get no change whatsoever minus the picture doesn't look as good.

So now is where i put the part that says im not a complete idiot
smile.gif

I work in the geeksquad, the computers part obviously
smile.gif
, and have a good understanding of setup and troubleshooting. I will say that many of my co-workers don't share this ability, so be careful with the guys there
smile.gif
. Most are friendly at least.

So i have tried all sorts of combination of connects and disconnects and settings and resets. And the most i can get is the "starting Up."
frown.gif

So i am at my end, and if there is something simple and easy that i missed, like press this button or hit this switch, I am totally ok with feeling like an idiot
smile.gif
. Oh, and i have played around with the mode button and all the fun there, and zero change. TV1, 2, both, nothin.

I have also posted elsewhere about this with no avail yet, so here's to problem solving :)

Any help you can give would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, there is always the option of buying a component switcher, but i rather not have too. If the HDMI is broken on the receiver than i will just have them fix it.

Thanks for your help, if you can thank of anything else that may be ailing it, don't hesitate to drop me a line :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)