No HDMI on VIP222k

Rainmaker556

Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
PA
Greetings!

I went out and got a nice HDMI cable for my box today. I come home and hook it all up and all i get on screen is no signal. So first thing i do is make sure the HDMI is connected right on both ends. Check.

Then I power off the whole setup, replug everything. At this point the only cable going from the box (VIP222k) to the TV (samsung 38" LCD) is the HDMI cable. I power everything back on and see on the TV the dish network logo that says "Starting Up." I think, "Sweet", because that's how i talk
smile.gif
. But alas, as soon as its done with that screen i get "no signal."

So at this point i am very confused. I decide to keep HDMI hooked up and plug in Component cable. I never turned the box off or hit reset or anything between the time i saw "no signal" and plugged in the component cable. So I switch the TV source to component and there it is, in its 1920x1080i glory. So at least i know i didn't break anything. So...yeah...I now start to experiment with different combination of connections and settings. So i then set everything back to factory default, and i get no change whatsoever minus the picture doesn't look as good.

So now is where i put the part that says im not a complete idiot
smile.gif

I work in the geeksquad, the computers part obviously
smile.gif
, and have a good understanding of setup and troubleshooting. I will say that many of my co-workers don't share this ability, so be careful with the guys there
smile.gif
. Most are friendly at least.

So i have tried all sorts of combination of connects and disconnects and settings and resets. And the most i can get is the "starting Up."
frown.gif

So i am at my end, and if there is something simple and easy that i missed, like press this button or hit this switch, I am totally ok with feeling like an idiot
smile.gif
. Oh, and i have played around with the mode button and all the fun there, and zero change. TV1, 2, both, nothin.

I have also posted elsewhere about this with no avail yet, so here's to problem solving :)

Any help you can give would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, there is always the option of buying a component switcher, but i rather not have too. If the HDMI is broken on the receiver than i will just have them fix it.

Thanks for your help, if you can thank of anything else that may be ailing it, don't hesitate to drop me a line :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts