This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

No Help??

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Just curious...is everyone's HWS "Help" app just a blank page or just mine? Don't even know what's supposed to be there & don't really "need" it, just find it odd that a HELP app (of all things) would be non functional.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

My help app works. All kinds of things show up.

I've got plenty of help options accessing it both ways (blue button or thru menu).

But now I can't get my upstairs HWS to recognize an EHD AT ALL. Haven't checked the other HWS. Next Wednesday, eh? Well, I didn't need to be watching anything off that EHD anyway.

Well, well...how strange. I just get an empty Help screen from the menu or by accessing thru the apps using the blue button?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386884606438.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 114
Have you had the HWS longer than a couple of days?

Well, well...how strange. I just get an empty Help screen from the menu or by accessing thru the apps using the blue button?

Do you have another Hopper to see what it is doing? Are you connected to the Internet?

Upgraded from regular Hopper a week ago today - all other apps are good to go.

Time to call Dish Technical Support.

Let us know what they say.

Time to call Dish Technical Support.

Let us know what they say.

No, that would be a waste of OP's time.

I've seen posts where apps have taken unusually long to start working on a new Hopper. I say just give it some more time.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yeah, I'll give it a while - at least past the next software update. Like I said, all works well & it's not something I really need. Thanks for letting me know it's not universal.

I would not expect next Wednesday's update to fix this.

A week is a LONG time for this to come to life. Not even the 721 took this long for something to work.

I would not expect next Wednesday's update to fix this.

A week is a LONG time for this to come to life. Not even the 721 took this long for something to work.

Just got on here, short on time, can you link me to the post about the Wednesday update?

Also OP, try a red button reboot?

Just got on here, short on time, can you link me to the post about the Wednesday update?

Also OP, try a red button reboot?

I'll look for it.

I did & powered down as well - no change.

Never checked the "My Account" app but it's a no-go too, goes to a blue "Thank you" screen.

Last edited: