no install - hopefully not a sign of things to come

aliaga61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 16, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
well...i was all excited this past saturday. I was moving to a new house and the dish guy was supposed to come between 8 and 12 to install my dish and get me all set up.

well...i got a call around 11 or so from the installer saying that his boss handed him the order late and he didn't know that he was going to have to do another install and that he had to take his girlfriend somewhere, so he wouldn't be there until about 1:30. So I shrugged that one off since i was pretty busy with the move. By about 2, he's not there and i needed to pick up a fridge and get the truck back, so i went out and left some of my buddies at the house to take care of things. He calls me while I'm at Costco and says that he's there, but they had my work order down as an existing configuration and that all that he thought he was supposed to bring was the 522...so he had no dish or anything, and the warehouse was closed so he couldn't get the stuff. So by this time I'm pretty ticked off because I've been anticipating this for about a month now. He then makes a comment about making sure that I'm there next time to sign the work order to approve or not approve it. I told him that i would have been there, but it got late and I had things I had to do. He also told me that he called dish and they said that the next install they had was tomorrow...i told him that i couldn't do that because I work an hour away from where I live...so he told me to give them a call.

so i call customer service and talk to a pretty nice lady who says that my order shows me as a new customer and they should have had everything ready to be installed. She said she told the dispatch people what i told her as far as the guy having to drop off his girlfriend and the reasons he couldn't install the dish...also turns out that he made the appointment for them to come out today (while I'd be at work) to install the dish...which he never told me he did. so I had to make the date for this Saturday instead. The lady was really nice and gave me a month of HBO for free. If it wasn't for the fact that the cable company hasn't shut off the basic cable from the people there before me, I don't think that would have covered it...but I'm happy with her help.

Sorry for such a long rant...but I'm still a little fired up about all of this...I've been looking forward to it for a little while now, and no dish yet. I hope this is an isolated incident, and things like this are not a normal occurrence with dish.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Dish and their contractors like to overbook their installers. I have a friend who gets handed roughtly 6 installs and 2 service calls daily. goes to work at 6:30 gets home around 11 that night. It mostly comes from the over booking. This sort of situation happened to me when they needed to swap a reciever it was over labor day weekend. it was scheduled friday, then sat, then sun, and he showed up on monday.

aliaga61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 16, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
i understand being over booked...and i wouldn't have really cared if it was just him being late...but don't tell me it's because you have to drop your girlfriend off somewhere...at least make something up or just don't give an excuse. i also don't think the mix up with not having the dish to install was excusable.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
aliaga61 said:
i understand being over booked...and i wouldn't have really cared if it was just him being late...but don't tell me it's because you have to drop your girlfriend off somewhere...at least make something up or just don't give an excuse. i also don't think the mix up with not having the dish to install was excusable.
Is there a local dealer in town that you can go talk to? You might just find they are more interested in serving you than that 800# and the deal will probably be the same. :) :) :)

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
aliaga61 said:
well, i'm getting the free install, plus a $49 credit because of a referral.
The Club Dish certificate is honored by most dealers which removes the $49.99 activation fee giving a free install. :)All new customers get a $49.99 credit on the first bill to offset the $49.99 activation fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)