No Joey software update available...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Some posts by StanDarsh (and replies quoting them) have been deleted on poster's request. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yep, per my request. If I had known from the start that OP's hardware was deact/deauth then that would've been an obvious conclusion, versus trying to get sub'd equipment to take s/w.
If it's sub'd equipment not getting s/w, that's a whole different can'o'worms.

Yep, per my request. If I had known from the start that OP's hardware was deact/deauth then that would've been an obvious conclusion, versus trying to get sub'd equipment to take s/w.
If it's sub'd equipment not getting s/w, that's a whole different can'o'worms.
Agree, had that info been available from the very first post, it would have saved a lot of BS lol.

Agree, had that info been available from the very first post, it would have saved a lot of BS lol.

Yep, exactly. Many people don't realize the difference it makes in having equipment that is sub'd versus having d/c equipment. Many people think you can still view OTA channels with d/c equipment because it's OTA...and i may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure even the OTA tuner is locked out by deauth packet..

Yep, at first, I didn't realize software updates were tied to an active account, figured an active account was just whether or not you got TV service.

At least there were a few tips presented for others who may have a similar issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, exactly. Many people don't realize the difference it makes in having equipment that is sub'd versus having d/c equipment. Many people think you can still view OTA channels with d/c equipment because it's OTA...and i may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure even the OTA tuner is locked out by deauth packet..
See, I know he had other issues than just missing joey software.

More like no service. LOL.

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP and I have service authorization. A Hopper w/sling that I have factory reset twice and let set for several hours that will hot receive Joey software. The Hopper just keeps coming back to Joey Software Available: N/A. I've read through this thread multiple times and have tried everything anyone suggested. Anyone have any other ideas?

Dish says the Hopper should be replaced. I say if it's in standby mode overnight and doesn't get the Software for the Joeys, they may be right

Dish says the Hopper should be replaced. I say if it's in standby mode overnight and doesn't get the Software for the Joeys, they may be right
and just to add to what HipKat is saying, it is important that you have all receivers in standby, Hoppers and Joeys, and that you don't have recordings set to record in the time period....

and just to add to what HipKat is saying, it is important that you have all receivers in standby, Hoppers and Joeys, and that you don't have recordings set to record in the time period....
Yep, I'd unplug everything but the Hopper, make sure PTAT is turned off and no recordings set for overnight

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's a key part of the problem right there. If you don't have active service, then you're receivers are no longer targeted to get s/w updates. Once that deact / deauth is sent to them, they are not spooled any longer in the production s/w.
I recently experimented with hooking up an old deactivated Hopper 1 with the old UI. It took the software download to update it to the CUI. Like the OP, it also shows no Joey software available, though.

I don't know about Hoppers, but I have continued to use OTA on deactivated ViP receivers before.

Do a Checkswitch at the hopper. When it's done go to live tv. Press the power button on the reciever and wait 30 minutes. After 30 minutes go to system info and joey software should be installed.

The method that's supposed to work is to do a partial reset in Tools, then after it re-downloads, put it in standby for 20 minutes, which rarely works. OR, just leave it in standby overnight and it'll pick up the Joey software, which always works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)