No Justice for Flex Pack (no Grit, either)

I get Laff in the flex pack too.

Quite odd. /\

I've had the Pack from the beginning and haven't seen it in there although it's not like I need it since I get it OTA. It is available in the Latino add-on however along with Justice, Grit but not GET. Got it, good. :)

my apologies on that email. I am newbie as far as flex goes but must have had it for a handful of days on channel 237. I am guessing they forgot to remove it from my old pack.

my apologies on that email. I am newbie as far as flex goes but must have had it for a handful of days on channel 237. I am guessing they forgot to remove it from my old pack.
If you are still getting it and want to keep it, whatever you do, don't make any changes to your account, or you will lose it.

I think the Flex Pack ads suggest don't pay for channels you don't watch... Not get all the channels and not have to pay for them.

I knew people would start complaining about a "barebone" package not having premium channel x, but geez, this soon?!

I think the Flex Pack ads suggest don't pay for channels you don't watch... Not get all the channels and not have to pay for them.

I knew people would start complaining about a "barebone" package not having premium channel x, but geez, this soon?!
AFIK, no one in this thread has complained about a premium channel. They all no better. Rather, two or three minor channels the majority do not care about.

Have you looked into getting the $10 discount for two years with a price freeze? Also have you checked the Top 200 so many channels are now there that were once in the Top 250 I switched to that saving another $10. The one or possibly two channels I would watch sometimes were not worth the $10 more for the Top 250 for me.
How does that work? When we lost some channels, I got a $15 a month discount for those lost channels, and I got HBO/Cinemax for $5 a month for 6 months. Those deals run out in January. Since I watch little on HBO/Cinemax, I am just going to drop it, which with AT250, Supers, & Movies, still I am over $100 a month. I would like to knock that down, but Flex and lower packs just doesn't do it for me. I like having the Encores, TMCs, etc, all in AT250. I have figured since Dish doesn't sell the Supers any longer to new customers, that they would be dropped in time. But at least we still have them. I guess it is hard to save a lot in today's world of TV, then so many programmers want increases.

How does that work? When we lost some channels, I got a $15 a month discount for those lost channels, and I got HBO/Cinemax for $5 a month for 6 months. Those deals run out in January. Since I watch little on HBO/Cinemax, I am just going to drop it, which with AT250, Supers, & Movies, still I am over $100 a month. I would like to knock that down, but Flex and lower packs just doesn't do it for me. I like having the Encores, TMCs, etc, all in AT250. I have figured since Dish doesn't sell the Supers any longer to new customers, that they would be dropped in time. But at least we still have them. I guess it is hard to save a lot in today's world of TV, then so many programmers want increases.

Existing customers can get a two year price freeze (Hurry if you do that prices are going up very soon) $10 off a Top package of 120+ or higher and a $5 autopay discount with contract. So that's a total of $15 lower for your bill. Then as I say check the Top 200 because you may be able to save another $10 going to that because there are very few channels in the Top 250 anymore not in the Top 200. Contact DIRT here they will set it up for you.

Also, if you like HBO and would like to keep it you may be able to get it for $10 a month if you are not now, that has no expiration date as far as I know.

If the package had never included Justice, Grit, or WGN America, I would be fine with that. The point is that we were getting those channels, and Dish took them away with no warning or explanation. If Dish had intended those channels to be limited-time free previews, then Dish should have clearly listed them on the free preview page with an end date for the preview, so we would know when to expect to lose them. Justice and Grit were available for free on my deactivated receivers until the preview finally ended. This was not the case for WGN America, which I was only getting with Flex Pack.

Existing customers can get a two year price freeze (Hurry if you do that prices are going up very soon) $10 off a Top package of 120+ or higher and a $5 autopay discount with contract.
The autopay discount does not require a contract, but you knew that. ;)

Then as I say check the Top 200 because you may be able to save another $10 going to that because there are very few channels in the Top 250 anymore not in the Top 200.
mwdxer1 said he wants to keep Encore, so the savings would be less than $10 if he switched to Top 200 + Encore.

Also, if you like HBO and would like to keep it you may be able to get it for $10 a month if you are not now, that has no expiration date as far as I know.
In my online account, the HBO offer is now listed as $5 off per month for 12 months, so the $10 price would end after one year. (Again, this is the new offer. Existing HBO subscribers with the grandfathered "lifetime" $10 price should not be affected.)

I'm pretty sure the contract says something like 'prices and programming subject to change without notice'. If you don't like what Dish does with their packages and pricing you're free to go to a different provider. Calling them and complaining about every little slight that you perceive and trying to get something for nothing to make you feel better just costs Dish money. At some point in time I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Dish decides they'll be better off without you.

The autopay discount does not require a contract, but you knew that. ;)

mwdxer1 said he wants to keep Encore, so the savings would be less than $10 if he switched to Top 200 + Encore.

In my online account, the HBO offer is now listed as $5 off per month for 12 months, so the $10 price would end after one year. (Again, this is the new offer. Existing HBO subscribers with the grandfathered "lifetime" $10 price should not be affected.)

HBO at $10 with no defined ending is still available, after the last credit my Father in law got it online two weeks ago as soon as he went to cancel. It's the same offer I have no ending date. Results apparently may vary.
Further I am aware he said that about encore but sometimes saving $10 trumps channels you want but realize you may not watch much. It's called a suggestion, something to consider....

I'm pretty sure the contract says something like 'prices and programming subject to change without notice'. If you don't like what Dish does with their packages and pricing you're free to go to a different provider. Calling them and complaining about every little slight that you perceive and trying to get something for nothing to make you feel better just costs Dish money. At some point in time I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Dish decides they'll be better off without you.

Not for the Existing customer two year deals. No price increase for Top 120+ and higher packages and $10 off for the two years. (If you switch packages you get the then price and it becomes frozen for the rest of the deal)

Reactions: pattykay
Not for the Existing customer two year deals. No price increase for Top 120+ and higher packages and $10 off for the two years. (If you switch packages you get the then price and it becomes frozen for the rest of the deal)

That doesn't mean that they can't add or take away any channels that they want to at any time.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)