No Local Channels - Day 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rpo

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Sacramento
Our local channels in Sacramento went out on Monday evening. Whenever we try to go to a local channel, we get an error (no error code) that says they apologize and there is no need to call. So, we did not call until Wednesday night. They said it would be fixed shortly and it was affecting all subscribers in my area. As of right now, it still is not working. Is anyone else here in the Sacramento area and having problems?

Try a check switch. Sounds silly but whenever I get that message there's no actual problem with the locals, just some kind of switch error.

Try a check switch. Sounds silly but whenever I get that message there's no actual problem with the locals, just some kind of switch error.

What is a check switch? Plus, if it was just an issue on my end, would Dish tell me the problem affected all of their customers in my area?

menu 6-1-1 then there is an option that says "switch check"

It checks all the satellite you have hooked up and makes sure its all fine. After that it will download the guide again. Takes a few minutes

sometimes check switch does the trick

What is a check switch? Plus, if it was just an issue on my end, would Dish tell me the problem affected all of their customers in my area?

I think I heard that the slate that says that is actually stored on the receiver itself, not something dish is transmitting to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)