No longer forced to watch local team feeds on CI package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
So recently I've noticed that I"m able to watch the away team feed instead of my local teams, in my case, Rangers, Isles, Devils. For example, I'm now able to watch pit@nyi on FSN Pittsburgh. Did I miss a report of this somewhere?

So recently I've noticed that I"m able to watch the away team feed instead of my local teams, in my case, Rangers, Isles, Devils. For example, I'm now able to watch pit@nyi on FSN Pittsburgh. Did I miss a report of this somewhere?

This was apparently just a glitch. nothing has changed on the rules. Just like when the Red Wings were playing the Blues in the last week's time,I as usual was blacked out from FS DET had had to watch the game on FSMW( Im in Blues territory yet a Red Wings fan) So it sounds like you just got lucky

i'm in the Buffalo territory and they still block out the other team when them are playing Buffalo

I'm back again. Here to say that I get both feeds for tonights Islanders game. I'm in 11706 FYI. I'm not blacked out on 773, the Calgary feed. Can someone please tell me what's going on?

I thought that the NHL bgave you both all along, is this not so on the CI package ?

You will get both feeds, provided you are not located in the a teams designated area. For example, I am located in the Buffalo area and can only get the Buffalo (MSG-B) feed. However if Pittsburgh is playing Washington, I can get either teams feed.

I live down here in Monmouth County NJ & also get both feeds,home & away for NYI games.It's been that way since November.Funny thing,I'm closer to the Nassau Col. than MSG via the crow.I'd trade those extra feeds for FLYERS games on the NHLN with their larger blackouts in a mili second !!

Back when the versus mess happened the NHL made some effort to eliminate blackouts as much as possible, and I haven't run into an NHL blackout on Directv since. I don't watch them much, but I've seen several times I could tune an opposing team feed playing a local team, usually where I just hit the wrong feed in scoreguide.

I vaguely remember Bettman talking about blackouts on one of his hour weekly radio shows and said they were trying to get rid of them.

Back when the versus mess happened the NHL made some effort to eliminate blackouts as much as possible, and I haven't run into an NHL blackout on Directv since. I don't watch them much, but I've seen several times I could tune an opposing team feed playing a local team, usually where I just hit the wrong feed in scoreguide.

I vaguely remember Bettman talking about blackouts on one of his hour weekly radio shows and said they were trying to get rid of them.

I sorta remember this too, now that you mention it. This started happening around November like the Flyers fan who posted. It's great because some of the local feeds here, on MSG and FSNY have really deteriorated over the years.

I wonder if it's like that for all cable\sat providers now.

i just check mine they still block out games when my local team is playing

It's probably still up to the RSN channel too. I get FSN Detroit and I've seen opposite feeds, but again never really watched them much. I wonder if the NHL just asked RSNs to drop blackouts and some did and some didn't. No idea the logistics.

Update: Tonight's CAR@NYR game I only received the MSG feed and was blacked out of the Canes feed on FS Carolina.

Update: I get both the Isles and Oilers feeds tonight. So it seems like MSG Rangers hasn't lifted the blackout, while the Isles definitely have, not sure about Devils yet because Directv still doesn't get CSN-Philly regularly.

It's probably still up to the RSN channel too. I get FSN Detroit and I've seen opposite feeds, but again never really watched them much. I wonder if the NHL just asked RSNs to drop blackouts and some did and some didn't. No idea the logistics.

like my "local teams" are Buf & Pit so they always blackout Buf games and they sometime blackout Pit games, so it kinda odd to me

Tonight, I get both the Isles feed and Avs feed. I would normally be blacked out of the Avs feed on 681. MSG Isles has most definitely lifted the blackout rule. Unable to confirm MSG Devils as they were playing the Flyers again, who's feed we only receive maybe once or twice a year.

It happens in Minnesota too but Sunday we had a situation that happens every so often. The game in MN was being broadcast OTA(they do have an OTA affiliate for some games) so the Dallas feed was available. One time neither team(can't remember who they were playing) neither team had an RSN broadcast so the OTA feed from MN(game was in MN) was used.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)