No luck with Bell working

BooFA1010

Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Ontario
I am trying to hook up a Bell dish on a 9200 Receiver. At first it worked fine for about a week or so, then all of a sudden it stopped working and it has no signal. The dish hasnt moved or anything. When I try to do "Check Switch" it says I have fewer satellites than I had before. I get 0 signal and when it tried to acquire signal when I first turn receiver on it stays on 0 of 5 progress. I have replaced all my RG-6 wires and replaced the SW-44 Switch.

Try just hooking up 91 directly to the 9200, both lines from the LNBF to the receiver. See if you get signal, if not it might be the LNBF, swap it out with the 82 one, if still no signal, the Dish has moved.

Do not include the Power Inserter in the above setup.

When you get 91, on both Tuners, and if the skew is correct, you should be able to connect to the 82 LNBF and get signal again on both tuners. This will prove the cables and LNBF's. After this it is a matter of connecting the SW44, Power Inserter and trying again.

Ok, now tuner input 2 only works on 91 and 82 but not tuner input 1. Why is that?? I am getting around 80 signal with tuner input 2 on 82 and 91

Last edited:
Ive been through 4 SW44 switches and still no luck. Are they easily broken or something? I am getting "Missing: port 1b sat 91 Even and Missing: Port 2a sat 82 odd" I have tried to test lnb and they work, I have replaced RG-6 wires on the 91 LNB and still no difference and tried 4 different SW44 switches. Iam wondering if I am burning out the switches some how?

Also for transponder I get a big red X on a couple, and my status says Reception error. I have done everything that has been suggested out there. i really need someones help!

Actually thanks everyone for your help. I finally got it working. I replaced all the ends of all the rg-6 wires and it worked. One of them must have ben messed up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)