No more Charlie Brown on Network TV

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I have been reading today that the Charlie Brown specials are leaving network TV and going to Apple TV. A bit of TV tradition leaving, it’s a bit sad. I have Apple TV and have the recordings on my external hard drive but but for those that don’t kind of a bummer.

I haven't watched Charlie Brown in Years ....

That said, does this surprise you at all when all the shows are being pulled back to the companies that own them ... ?

I can't afford every streaming service so .........

I have it free for the year since I bought a new ipad pro a few months ago, watched Greyhound, have not watched AppleTV since, there is just too much on the other services, cannot catch up and I’m retired, should have enough time but do not.

I have it free for the year since I bought a new ipad pro a few months ago, watched Greyhound, have not watched AppleTV since, there is just too much on the other services, cannot catch up and I’m retired, should have enough time but do not.
Did you get an email from Apple that they are extending the free year of Apple TV+ to February 2021? My free subscription now expires Feb 3, 2021. It was supposed to expire next month.

Did you get an email from Apple that they are extending the free year of Apple TV+ to February 2021? My free subscription now expires Feb 3, 2021. It was supposed to expire next month.

Nope.

It’s not far from Santa Rosa to Cupertino, and when “Snoopy in Space” was in the inaugural AppleTV+ lineup, I wondered if Apple would make the rest of the Peanuts TV and Movie Library available to subscribers. I guess I have my answer. The exclusive part sux, but that seems to be the way of the streaming world we live in.

Apple throws in a free year of AppleTV+ with the purchase of an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Macintosh. The AppleTV+ App has shown up on streaming-enabled TVs from LG, Samsung, & VIZIO, and the Amazon Fire TV and Roku streaming devices.

HBO bought up Sesame Street; Apple grabbed Peanuts. Both are trying to keep up with Disney, which snagged Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. I see nothing at all surprising or problematic about this. It's just the world we live in.

By the way, Apple is offering free access to the Great Pumpkin for a limited time, from Oct. 30 to Nov. 1. Same thing with the other Peanuts holiday specials this season.

Reactions: Foxbat
HBO bought up Sesame Street; Apple grabbed Peanuts. Both are trying to keep up with Disney, which snagged Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. I see nothing at all surprising or problematic about this. It's just the world we live in.

By the way, Apple is offering free access to the Great Pumpkin for a limited time, from Oct. 30 to Nov. 1. Same thing with the other Peanuts holiday specials this season.
Free if you buy their over priced piece of junk apple tv

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts