No more dish for me.

Hmmm, Satellite TV or the Wife. Satellite TV, or the Wife. Can I get back to you on that.... :)

True story - Girlfriend years ago eventually got tired of Dog hair, said we should get rid of my Dog. I think you can figure out the ending....

Yep. Girlfriend went, dog stayed! :D

I am just going to let cable install for now. Then this summer when I get the time, I may throw together some dishes and some cable and see if I can get it to work. Our market is western arc only. I will take some pics from the house to give you an idea of what I am dealing with. I would be looking at 200 feet of cable run to the house if I have a chance at all of pulling it off. Dish said I could come back as a new customer in 90 days, so that puts me into the summer. I just don't have the time right now to try and make it work. and we are expecting more snow tonight and tommorrow.

And if someone wants to throw together the best diagram to make three seperate dishes work with 2 hoppers, and 3 joeys, maybe 4 joeys, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I've done that for a customer before. Just charged for the extra equipment and that's it. Done a few where other installers had deemed it a no line of site.

I did mine Directly with Dish and they have never charged more for additional equipment, switches or dishes.

first thing looked at when going to buy a house was los
no los next house there are millions of them lol

That was wayyyy down on my list. It was a nice thing to have, but far from a deal breaker.

cali to rich for me good luck.
here 1/2 acre added 750 sq ft to house and many dishes
retired

I have no idea what you said. But, you seem happy. So, that's nice.

Sent from a tablet using an app

Looking at all of the posts, I have a translation for you... :)

California is too rich for me, I can't afford a piece of property there.
What I can afford is what I have, a half acre piece of property that had a too small house on it so I added 750 sq ft to it and I am now comfortable. I have a ton of dishes on the property so I can see every satellite that interests me.

I am retired so life is good!

What I can afford is what I have, a half acre piece of property that had a too small house on it so I added 750 sq ft to it and I am now comfortable. I have a ton of dishes on the property so I can see every satellite that interests me.

good job bobby. didn't know we had another member that could read drunk speak :biggrin:

Thanks. I didn't realize you were "bi".

Did you use some kind of app. on your iPhone?:D
I tried Google Translate. But, it couldn't make head or tails of it.

How about ea with ota or ea with a wing? I'd do either before committing with cable.

As another stated, try DirecTV. Their orbital slots are not all over the arc. Its in a nice 6º window. If you could get one of Dish's orbital slots, there is a good chance you can get DirecTV

Do what I did. Cut down the trees while they're away. Blame it on the phone company.

If you take your time using a hatchet, you could make it look like a beaver did it.:D

But seriously I have installed many customer that were told "no-way" by other installers.
I have put one on a 30 ft tower,one in the front yard but hidden under a fiberglass landscaping rock and have used the aforementioned multiple dish trick.
One of the more memorable ones was guiding the tree trimming guy in a cherry picker as to which branches to cut, granted those trees were on his own property.
He was very happy he didn't need to cut them down but only create a "hole" in the canopy.
Where there is a will (and checkbook) there is a way.

thanks Bobby
for helping out the non texting & non twitter generation people
happy......... yes i am
glad to supply some humor for others
to the Flamers/Trolls... Flame on you
Information:
Flamers, who are specifically motivated to incite flaming.
These users specialize in flaming and target specific aspects of a conversation, and are usually more subtle than their counterparts.
Their counterparts are known as trolls who are less "professional" and write obvious and blunt remarks to incite a flame war, as opposed to the more subtle, yet precise flamers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)