No more free Roku?

Called last weekend and got some credits. The lady said that they were not sending out anymore boxes and that I would have to buy one. If that is not true I really, really hate being lied to.

Called last weekend and got some credits. The lady said that they were not sending out anymore boxes and that I would have to buy one. If that is not true I really, really hate being lied to.
I was offered a Roku yesterday (8/16). I told them my wife and I do NOT watch TV on our computers and the XBox is in our son's bedroom.

Hall said:
I was offered a Roku yesterday (8/16). I told them my wife and I do NOT watch TV on our computers and the XBox is in our son's bedroom.

You do realize it connects to your TV and not your computer right? It just uses your internet connection to stream the video content to your TV.

I'm only asking as I don't know your tech understanding level.

You do realize it connects to your TV and not your computer right? It just uses your internet connection to stream the video content to your TV.

I'm only asking as I don't know your tech understanding level.

I took his to most to mean that he accepted the roku because they don't watch on pc.

Bingo (their initial suggestion was to watch via Amazon Video, on a PC, or on an XBox or PS3).

Boy my typing blew on that post:eek:

Glad you understood what I meant lol.

But,for good measure and since the edit button doesn't seem to be working lets try it again...

I took his post to mean that he accepted the roku because they don't watch on pc.

Boy my typing blew on that post:eek:

Glad you understood what I meant lol.

But,for good measure and since the edit button doesn't seem to be working lets try it again...

I took his post to mean that he accepted the roku because they don't watch on pc.

Sometimes getting it from the brain to keyboard is a challenge, also sometimes when it does make there, it is comprehended by others totally different than what you meant. Good thing most are civil here. :)

I have the Welcome pack and got a Roku, it took me two tries and I went through chat. The first rep gave me discounts on HBO & Showtime which I was already subscribing to. On the second chat I made a big stink about missing Breaking Bad and said I was thinking of switching to Direct TV. I was immediately transferred to a loyalty rep who offered me a Roku and $10 off my bill for 6 mo.

I have been a top tier subscriber with all premium channels for 18 years & all I was offered was $2 credit for 12 months.

I am leaving on vacation in the morning & when I get back I am going to switch providers.

I have been happy with Dish but I am insulted that all they offered me is $2/month, I spoke with 2 different reps.

There are a few providers that would be happy to take my $148/month & they also all carry AMC.

I have been a top tier subscriber with all premium channels for 18 years & all I was offered was $2 credit for 12 months.

I am leaving on vacation in the morning & when I get back I am going to switch providers.

I have been happy with Dish but I am insulted that all they offered me is $2/month, I spoke with 2 different reps.

There are a few providers that would be happy to take my $148/month & they also all carry AMC.

Did you speak to loyalty,or threaten to switch providers?

Did you speak to loyalty,or threaten to switch providers?

No, I just asked her if that is all she could offer & she also offered a month of sports programming free, I do not watch sports so I declined & asked again if $2/month was the best she could offer, she said that is it.

So I went on the chat and ask them, they also said $2/month so I said I would explore other providers & disconnected.

I would never threaten anything, I really enjoyed 2 shows on AMC & I am honestly shocked that all they offered is $2/month, but they probably see I have been with them for 18 yrs so the chances of me changing are low, I have only had to speak with them 3 or 4 times in the last 18 years & that has only been when I moved or needed to switch out a bad receiver.

At this point when I call to deactivate it will be to deactivate.

Edit-I just looked at my join date, almost 9 years now, time flies.

Last edited:
No, I just asked her if that is all she could offer & she also offered a month of sports programming free, I do not watch sports so I declined & asked again if $2/month was the best she could offer, she said that is it.

So I went on the chat and ask them, they also said $2/month so I said I would explore other providers & disconnected.

I would never threaten anything, I really enjoyed 2 shows on AMC & I am honestly shocked that all they offered is $2/month, but they probably see I have been with them for 18 yrs so the chances of me changing are low, I have only had to speak with them 3 or 4 times in the last 18 years & that has only been when I moved or needed to switch out a bad receiver.

At this point when I call to deactivate it will be to deactivate.

Edit-I just looked at my join date, almost 9 years now, time flies.

Regular CSR's don't have anything to offer, you need to talk to loyalty. Just press the "cancel" prompt when you call in, and they will help you. There is a process to this, and it has been explained how to do it a few times in this forum....

Regular CSR's don't have anything to offer, you need to talk to loyalty. Just press the "cancel" prompt when you call in, and they will help you. There is a process to this, and it has been explained how to do it a few times in this forum....

Thanks, at one time I was fairly active on this forum, but I guess I like watching TV more than talking about how to receive TV.

Jordan

Thanks, at one time I was fairly active on this forum, but I guess I like watching TV more than talking about how to receive TV.

Jordan

Understandable, just want to get what you deserve from Dish, just like the rest of us. Most got the Roku, $35 credit for the cost of Amazon charges, and $10 off for 12 months. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)