No more INHD2 in Garland,TX.(Dallas)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
:mad: Well the new TWC channel lineup went into effect yesterday and I don't have INHD2 anymore. I called and they said it had been removed even though several weeks ago they said it would remain when the new channel lineup started. This is very disappointing because I really like INHD2 and the picture is always excellent. I wanted to cancel and go with Dish Network but I would lose INHD1.

The new channel lineup is a big bunch of mess. There are duplicate channels for locals and it will take awhile to get accustomed to it. The new channels that were added do not interest me at all.

I have one receiver with the old lineup and one with the new lineup. Does anyone know how to foce an update on the cable box? Time Warner told me that the new channel lineup is being activated by box not by account. Was also wondering if this is true?

HDTVFanAtic said:

OK, instead of just NO, how about sighting a source or expounding in detail how you firmly arrive at that "NO". That way we can all share in the information as opposed to guessing where you got your NO from. No need to be so short and secretive.

It seems many people have already been clamoring about either the merger of all iNHD2 programming into iNHD1 and the closure of iNHD2 of a MAJOR cutting back of iNHD2 to only airing special events.

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=228

Comcast subscribers in San Francisco Bay Area received a message today that INHD2 will go away from their lineup. I've read similar posts from other Comcast/Time Warner users in other areas (Chicago, New York etc.) Some of them state that INHD2 is already gone from their lineup. Sighting dwindling programming and the possibility that INHD2 will eventually cease operation.

Last edited:
JJSerrano said:
I have one receiver with the old lineup and one with the new lineup. Does anyone know how to foce an update on the cable box? Time Warner told me that the new channel lineup is being activated by box not by account. Was also wondering if this is true?

I don't know how to force an update on the cable box but I did get a message from TWC saying that my cable box may need to be reprogramed since getting the new channel lineup. I have not had to do that but I don't really even know what they are talking about when they say "reprogram your cable box."

After about 4 different csr's, i finally got one who knew what they were doing. She took the box #, reprogrammed, and restarted the receiver.

charper1 said:
iNHD was supposed to be merged or closed by their owner anyway right?

charper1 said:
OK, instead of just NO, how about sighting a source or expounding in detail how you firmly arrive at that "NO". That way we can all share in the information as opposed to guessing where you got your NO from. No need to be so short and secretive.

It seems many people have already been clamoring about either the merger of all iNHD2 programming into iNHD1 and the closure of iNHD2 of a MAJOR cutting back of iNHD2 to only airing special events.

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=228

Comcast subscribers in San Francisco Bay Area received a message today that INHD2 will go away from their lineup. I've read similar posts from other Comcast/Time Warner users in other areas (Chicago, New York etc.) Some of them state that INHD2 is already gone from their lineup. Sighting dwindling programming and the possibility that INHD2 will eventually cease operation.

The answer is no it wasn't going away or merged as you stated.

If you bothered to read the url you posted, it did not state it was going away.

I cannot post a link that it isn't going away because it was never stated IT WAS going away.

So like it or not, the answer to your orginal question is still a simple No.

Geez.

Seems like thee comments are fairly consise:

Statement #1 INHD2 Will Be 'Scaled Back', Content Shifting to Larger Sister INHD (ok "shifting" can also be described as "merged") or that its content is being combined with INHD.

Statement #2 Some Comcast customers in areas including Colorado, Washington and Illinois have been told the network's fate is more dire, however. They've received messages from the cable company saying the channel is slated to "go dark" .

JJSerrano said:

I had the exact same problem.
I finally had get TW to reset the box on their end to get the new guide loaded.

I hate the new channel lineup but at least they haven't made the Encore channels premium channels which would take extra $$$ to get them back. It sure looks like they were going to charge for them based on their channel lineup mailout.

charper1 said:
Seems like thee comments are fairly consise:

Statement #1 INHD2 Will Be 'Scaled Back', Content Shifting to Larger Sister INHD (ok "shifting" can also be described as "merged") or that its content is being combined with INHD.

Statement #2 Some Comcast customers in areas including Colorado, Washington and Illinois have been told the network's fate is more dire, however. They've received messages from the cable company saying the channel is slated to "go dark" .

It is going dark for some Comcast customers who will be getting MHD instead.

I can put you on ignore, but that doesn't mean you don't exist.

The answer is no it wasn't going away or merged as you stated.

If you bothered to read the url you posted, it did not state it was going away.

I cannot post a link that it isn't going away because it was never stated IT WAS going away.

So like it or not, the answer to your original question is still a simple No.

Geez.

Any new thoughts or changes to your answer; regarding on my reading and comments way back when that INHD2 would be killed or merged with INHD1 and you stated the emphatic NO!? You also never sited your source(s) about how you knew 100% that it WAS NOT going to die or merge with INHD1. Seems they were wrong?

http://www.tvpredictions.com/inhd2110406.htm

November 4, 2006 -- Rob Jacobson, chief executive of In Demand, has confirmed that the High-Definition channel INHD 2 will be eliminated on January 1.

Jacobson tells Multichannel News that INHD 2's programming will merge with INHD, its sister HD network. The executive adds that INHD will likely get a new name as well. He said it's a "pretty good likelihood” that it will be Mojo, which is currently the name for INHD's block of male-oriented programming such as Wall Street Warriors and Dr. Danger. Jacobson's revelation confirms weeks-long rumors that INHD 2 would be eliminated.

Last edited:
Any new thoughts or changes to your answer; regarding on my reading and comments way back when that INHD2 would be killed or merged with INHD1 and you stated the emphatic NO!? You also never sited your source(s) about how you knew 100% that it WAS NOT going to die or merge with INHD1. Seems they were wrong?

http://www.tvpredictions.com/inhd2110406.htm

November 4, 2006 -- Rob Jacobson, chief executive of In Demand, has confirmed that the High-Definition channel INHD 2 will be eliminated on January 1.

Jacobson tells Multichannel News that INHD 2's programming will merge with INHD, its sister HD network. The executive adds that INHD will likely get a new name as well. He said it's a "pretty good likelihood” that it will be Mojo, which is currently the name for INHD's block of male-oriented programming such as Wall Street Warriors and Dr. Danger. Jacobson's revelation confirms weeks-long rumors that INHD 2 would be eliminated.

Be happy to comment.

I stand 100% by my statements.

You posted on 9-19:
iNHD was supposed to be merged or closed by their owner anyway right?

As stated, on 9-19 there were no facts anywhere that was the case. There were rumors, but every one stated they were rumors and speculations.

As stated then, the only link you posted was that it was disappearing from some Comcast systems (which, in retrospect, might have actually been the straw that actually did break the camels back) and I agree that it was a good move for Comcast - as it could use the bandwidth for something that had relevance today - given their limited bandwidth.

Not until about 10 days was there link where someone stated it would officially going away - followed by the official announcement several days later.

So again, when posted - I stand 100% by my statements. There was no official word or any link that would state it was going away.

Bottom line - you got lucky. You were right for the wrong reasons.

I can state that Studio 60 is being cancelled by NBC. The ratings would suggest it is coming - even though NBC has officially stated last week that they are sticking with it (In fact, there are more links that Studio 60 is being cancelled than what you were able to post as links for INHD2 disappearing 2 months ago).

So there is nothing from any credible source that NBC HAS CANCELLED Studio 60 (which is what you posted about INHD2 2 months ago).

Now, if NBC cancels Studio 60 in January, I would be eventually correct - but that doesn't mean that I am right that Studio 60 was cancelled by NBC on 11/07/2006.

Making a prediction that something will happen is total speculation - and not fact as you stated.

Last edited:
He probably wouldn't have even brought it up if you weren't such a pompous a$$hole when denying the rumor he posted, HDTVFanAtic.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Bottom line - you got lucky. You were right for the wrong reasons.

The bottom line is you were wrong, especially in your in your emphatic NO. I had no reasons other than just relaying what was likely going to happen and posted comments that led to that; or at least the info that was being discussed at the time. You couldn't even do that, you refused to explain why you thought it was a sure NO, or who told you it was sure NO, you just stated INHD2 is not going away. You obviously need new sources.

He probably wouldn't have even brought it up if you weren't such a pompous a$$hole when denying the rumor he posted, HDTVFanAtic.

And no, I really could care less that he came off that way, just like he did again above, but I posted to correct his incorrect statement; to reiterate in fact that INHD2 is going away, so that the end users would know what is really going on with INHD & INHD 2. In fact, this story has been copied to more relevant threads since it involves ALL current and future INHD users.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)