No more loyalty credits??

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Called dish asking whether I qualified for a loyalty credit ($10/month for a year) if I locked in for another 24 months. They said that didn't offer that anymore. Did a chat session, they said the same thing.

Anyone hear different?

There was an article not long ago where Charlie was stating that we are getting the channels too cheap and that too many discounts have been given to customers. I guess we can kiss these discounts goodbye. This may have been a thing of the past (along with keeping lower churn rates).

There was an article not long ago where Charlie was stating that we are getting the channels too cheap and that too many discounts have been given to customers. I guess we can kiss these discounts goodbye. This may have been a thing of the past (along with keeping lower churn rates).

That was a transcript from the last quarterly earning conference call: Charlie's justification for increasing the box fees, etc.

I just got a whole slew of Loyalty Credits (including 2 of my AEP premiums free for 2 months) last Wednesday when I downgraded my International channels, and I got it without even asking or eluding to it. They even said they would credit me the usual $5 downgrade fee.

I think the loyalty credits vary by account, at least that is what I've observed on this forum. I admit to being embarrassed to admit that I pay way too much for TV, and such fat cats do seem to get the better deals. In fact, my 922 upgrade will only be $200, but many others at lower tiers will have to pay $400 for the upgrade.

But once I told them that my reason for downgrading was the recent fee hikes, boy, did she hand out all the goodies to me. For now, that is. The bill will normalize in a few months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts