No new HD for a while?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What is the largest number of HD available channels E* has added in one day?

I think it was 6 HD Channel back last August 15
the six were MHD, Golf/Versus HD, Discovery Channel HD
The Learning Channel HD, Animal Planet HD,
The Science Channel HD

The Science Channel HD

The largest number was when they added Voom (9 or 10).

So 16-22 channels in one day would be unprecedented for Dish.

I am not getting my hopes up for anything this week. Past history is not on our side.

Except that they have never assigned DishLatinoHD channel numbers to anything that wasn't made available within a week.

And, it should be 22 - the 16 new ones, and the 6 previously uplinked ones. All 22 were assigned DishLatinoHD channel numbers on Friday.

Interpretation:

When D* added all its new HD channels, people here expected E* to add a few new HD channels every week or two. This would have seemed nice - even though most of those channels did not have much HD programming yet.

But, Marketing Guys clearly thought that each time E* adds 2 new HD channels, then people will say " but they are still far behind D* " and so there would be no marketing benefit.

Conversely, if they add them all at once, right before they meet with retailers (who also sell D*), they make a big splash and seem more competitive.

Except that they have never assigned DishLatinoHD channel numbers to anything that wasn't made available within a week.

And, it should be 22 - the 16 new ones, and the 6 previously uplinked ones. All 22 were assigned DishLatinoHD channel numbers on Friday.

Interpretation:

When D* added all its new HD channels, people here expected E* to add a few new HD channels every week or two. This would have seemed nice - even though most of those channels did not have much HD programming yet.

But, Marketing Guys clearly thought that each time E* adds 2 new HD channels, then people will say " but they are still far behind D* " and so there would be no marketing benefit.

Conversely, if they add them all at once, right before they meet with retailers (who also sell D*), they make a big splash and seem more competitive.

I am using reverse psychology on myself by telling myself it wont happen.

If I am wrong then I will have to somehow live with all the new HD.:)

The Science Channel HD
nope they added the VOOM package in one day (10 channels)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts