No new HD for a while?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I vote for vacation.....

BTW the IRS said they were going to deposit my stimulous package money by the 9th of May I guess its Another week of predictions, another week of the prediction NOT happening. Everyone is quick to say the IRS Scott was right but Bush DISH changed their plan. But one thing is for certain if money HD is predicted, it WON'T happen.
So can we PLEASE lay off the predictions for next week

Ummmm. According to the official IRS "schedule" for tax rebate payments, mine was to be deposited in my account this morning... And it was. Perhaps one day the same will hold true for Dish. Seems like Dish is behind the 8-ball, string of bad luck, whatever you want to call it. They'll get it straight one of these days...maybe.

Soon.

I vote for vacation.....

BTW the IRS said they were going to deposit my stimulous package money by the 9th of May I guess its Another week of predictions, another week of the prediction NOT happening. Everyone is quick to say the IRS Scott was right but Bush DISH changed their plan. But one thing is for certain if money HD is predicted, it WON'T happen.
So can we PLEASE lay off the predictions for next week

Whats with the pink print? I can hardly see it.

PS.. I got my tax money today too. Did you do direct deposit for your federal return refund? If not, you wait for a check that will come..

is everyone ready?

OK.. Here it comes..

SOON :D

What I'd like to know is why DirecTV doesn't seem to have these problems nearly as often as Dish Network? Whenever you hear something is coming to DirecTV (What I've been hearing thread) it seems like 90%+ of the time it happens. When you hear something is coming from Dish it seems like about half the time there is a problem that causes a delay.
Which is probably why Dish is more quiet with their updates or changes compared to Direct

Rumors or not, without Scott's information/input, we wouldn't hear squat from or about Dish.

I agree and I have benefited substantially by being abreast of the rumors, uplink reports, etc. One example is the free installation of a Dish 1000 and DPP44 when I leased my 2nd 622. It was installed the day that the Atlanta HD locals were activated on 129. I already had a wing dish for 61.5 and that is where I, and a lot of other people, assumed that the Atlanta HD locals and HD sports nets would reside. Because of the information from this forum, I conviced the installer to install a Dish 1000 with the required DPP44 for free. I showed him the SatelliteGuys thread and went around with him and the Dish CSR for about an hour, but had them both installed for free with the VIP622 installation.

It was obvious with JohnH's download report yesterday that something was not working as planned and that the new HD would probably be delayed. I think that Dish is planning for the future and I support them in this even though we might have to wait a while longer for some new HD channels. I am happy to have SciFi and USA HD.

Scott and others who post rumors: Keep it up and we should treat them as rumors knowing that there might be a glitz or occassional mis-information put out by the insiders. By the way, DirectTV had to postpone their new HD launches several times until they got the bugs out of their new satellite.

So we are stuck with soon on Hd and dish promise of Soon is not broken yet. So If I say that soon real soon we should see 10 HD channels comming Soon real so

Or as they say

SOON COMMING TO YOUR HOME REAL SOON IS MORE HD>

fingers crossed they flip the switch on everything ...
should give directv more of an incentive to get that satellite parked and live :)

Who knows if we'll get anything next week? Maybe they'll uplink some more HD that we can't watch.:)

Now you're learning: uplinked <> going to be made available. :)

As a matter of fact, considering the history of this sort of thing, uplinked could just as easily mean "we're considering adding these channels and are currently in negotiations with the providers". Thus, some or all of the slots could disappear just as suddenly as they appeared. And the national HD channels that ARE made available (if any) are likely to be the ones we least expect.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts