No NLCS in HD---only ED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Don't know what is wrong with your system but I saw it in HD last night via DBS.

Using D* HD Programming. HD is fine except for the Fox. Ragged corners, blurry outlines, soft pic, it ain't HD 1080 or 720. It's not the horrid SD either. Gotta be ED.

When ESPN was broadcasting the divisional playoffs, the pic was superb. Fox had a good pic going into the NL and ALCS playoffs. Now, for the last couple of games, it's total ED. I read somewhere on this board that they were, indeed, showing in ED. D* is mum. Fox doesn't return calls or emails. Sux, really.

from shugo77 - "I got the same game (cardinals vs. astros) on both channels FX and FOX OTA. The Fox OTA version is not HD, it is ED"

So Fox IS using ED in diff places.

Not all OTA affiliates are broadcasting in HD from my understanding; but the network was producing the game in HD. Not all cameras they have on the field are HD, just the main game cams and some of the "sideline" cams for interviews, but I saw an excellent 720p display last night. FOX has never met the same quality as ESPN's 720p except during the NFL broadcasts, not sure what encoding process they use or maybe some type of camera lens filtering, but it is in HD. I don't care what people say about 1080i it still looks better and does a perfect job on sports.

What receiver do you have & what settings do you use?

How is it connected to you display & with what cables?

What is the native resolution of your display?

Has that display ever been correctly calibrated?

charper1 said:
What receiver do you have & what settings do you use?
Sanyo PLV-Z2 projecting onto a Dalite HighPower 10 foot diagonal screen

charper1 said:
How is it connected to you display & with what cables?
DVI using the TS360 HD box

charper1 said:
What is the native resolution of your display?
720P

charper1 said:
Has that display ever been correctly calibrated?
Yes

FOX's PQ for the playoffs sucks... again definitely NOT HD. It is ED at best.

The PQ on ESPNHD, which is also 720P, is a whole lot better.

Jerry

I use the PLV-Z3 on the DaLite 106" Deluxe B High Contrast Matte via the "Dynamic Picture Mode" from the LG LSS-3200a and the game looked great; better than any 480i or 480p. As stated above I agree that ESPN's 720p does look better, but the FOX game was HD.

Snip from the DirecTV Schedule Listing provided by www.titantv.com
HDNET 79 Higher Definition(HD)
WCBS-DT CBS 80 College Football Florida at LSU(HD)
KCBS-DT CBS 81 College Football Florida at LSU(HD)
WNYW-DT FOX 88 Baseball Playoff Game 3: Cardinals at Astros(HD)
KTTV-DT FOX 89 Baseball Playoff Game 3: Cardinals at Astros(HD)

and the later game
WABCDT ABC 86 Lost Everybody Hates Hugo(HD, TVPG)
WNYW-DT FOX 88 Baseball Playoff Game 4: White Sox at Angels(HD)
KTTV-DT FOX 89 Baseball Playoff Game 4: White Sox at Angels(HD)
HBOHD 509 Sideways (HD, R)
SHOHD 543 Paycheck(HD, PG-13)

charper1 said:
I use the PLV-Z3 on the DaLite 106" Deluxe B High Contrast Matte via the "Dynamic Picture Mode" from the LG LSS-3200a and the game looked great; better than any 480i or 480p. As stated above I agree that ESPN's 720p does look better, but the FOX game was HD.

Snip from the 3PM Schedule Listing from www.titantv.com
HDNET 79 Higher Definition(HD)
WCBS-DT CBS 80 College Football Florida at LSU(HD)
KCBS-DT CBS 81 College Football Florida at LSU(HD)
WNYW-DT FOX 88 Baseball Playoff Game 3: Cardinals at Astros(HD)
KTTV-DT FOX 89 Baseball Playoff Game 3: Cardinals at Astros(HD)

If you call that HD, then you have a lower standard than I do.

Here is a good thread on the low quality PQ that FOX has.

I still call it ED at best.

BTW just because titantv says something is HD doesn't mean it is... they are wrong a lot. In fact they listed the Alabama Mississippi game in HD... guess what it wasn't. They also list our local news broadcast on CBS as HD... guess what... it isn't.

Also take a look at this Plasma TV that is being advertised as HD... Look at the resolution of the display... 1024 X 768... Guess what... it isn't.

Just because they say it is HD does not mean that it is.

Jerry

I easily A/B'd it with the FSU game on ESPNHD. Night and day. Fox, thru D* on my set, was ED at best. Sux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)