No Offers For Long Time Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pretty close to 20 years...started with a model 5000 receiver...before HD was even talked about in hushed tones...
Good job!. Now read post #7. Heck read the whole thing and you will understand!

Taking post out context to fit your agenda is not fair.....

things change in business models

i used to get $200 toward a phone with verizon years ago.
today its a monthly fee.

people need to stop whining they want free stuff and just pay for what they want

LOL, not whining if I was that worried I would not have been paying my bill on time every month for the last 21 years.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
I think staying a long term subscriber to Dish has given me access to the promo rates. It's a matter of doing your home work and presenting the deals that Direct has offered to me. I recently was approached by a Direct rep in a local home improvement store. I talked and documented the deal. Next day I contacted a social media rep from Dish and gave them the quote info including the equipment being provided by Direct. The Dish rep responded with a matching price and upgrading my 3 year old Hopper and Sling equipment to the most current models. Yes I am on the hook for 2 more years, but I am matching the deal that Direct offered. Three years ago I presented the same scenario to a Dish disconnect rep and they responded with equipment and price matching Direct's offer. Bottom line in both cases I was prepared if necessary to cancel. I think the key in getting the deals is being a long term customer, reaching the right level of service rep within Dish who can give you these offers, doing your home work by getting a detailed proposal from the competition, and keeping a civil tone when negotiating with Dish. To reach the right level of folks within Dish, you either need to contact the social media folks who frequent many forums and support sites, or call Dish and choose the disconnect option. Talking to regular customer service folks tend to give you nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: dalyew
I've had my Genie system (all the bells and whistles) for a year now. All discounts are going away with the next bill. I KNEW it was coming, so decided to call and see if they had anything for me. Nope. In the past, I was able to work out something both parties were happy with, but as a previous poster stated, since the "merger" discounts have shut down. It's a fact that to get all the programming one wants, sometimes you have to look at higher priced packages, but the crap the comes with it is why I try to discount. Almost my way to get ala-cart.

I have been a sub since 3 months after they went national Directv only says I'm a customer since 2004 because I was forced to buy from stupid third parties like Pegasus before that.

I just made my every six month call yesterday to get 30 bucks off Premier for that period. No problems getting it again. Took about five minutes.

? I have no idea what you're talking about. You are the one ignoring that the TS had to PAY for his dish and stuff and set it up himself. You have posted that we don't know what he got. Well, if you had read the thread, you'd know the answer. You are the king of not answering things directed at you.

Reactions: Troch77
? I have no idea what you're talking about. You are the one ignoring that the TS had to PAY for his dish and stuff and set it up himself. You have posted that we don't know what he got. Well, if you had read the thread, you'd know the answer. You are the king of not answering things directed at you.
The TS has not even posted a thing since his OP. You are telling me I need to re-read the thread? It looks lie someone missed the boat... I am still waiting for answer from the TS and an apology from you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)