No peripheral internet

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
So I replaced D* with the brand new 2013 Hopper/Joey. The Hopper is networked through my Wifi. I plugged my Pioneer receiver into the back of the Hopper so it would be networked and could access the web through the Hopper connection (for Airplay through my iPhone, internet radio, etc). Unfortunately, no connection and thus no joy. Is there something I need to do to set everything up through the Hopper? This was never a problem with my D* boxes. They were just plug and play.

Thanks!
Quinn

You might check the menus for a way to enable bridging between WiFi and the wired ethernet ports. This is probably not the bridging that shares the Hopper's ethernet connection over MOCA but if there are no other bridging options it's worth a shot.

You can also pick up a WiFi "gaming adapter" (aka ethernet client) for under $30.

You might check the menus for a way to enable bridging between WiFi and the wired ethernet ports. This is probably not the bridging that shares the Hopper's ethernet connection over MOCA but if there are no other bridging options it's worth a shot.

You can also pick up a WiFi "gaming adapter" (aka ethernet client) for under $30.

Yeah. Going to try a NETGEAR WNCE2001. Looks like people have had success with it and the Pioneer VSX 1021. $29 on Amazon as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)