No picture on Voom, please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Cannot see picture on any Voom channels HD or SD. All I get is "No satellite signal" message. Don't what's going on, Voom dish is still in place and all connections are okay. However, OTA channels are working just fine but no PG.
This is really annoying :mad: . If it continues for one more day I will finally drop Voom and sign up for Dish or something :( . I really like Voom but I'd like to get what I paid for.

You mean Voom is gone?! When did that happen? I have been out at sea for the last few weeks and just got home. Bummer!

TBarclay said:
You're kidding, right? Voom ceased broadcasting May 1st. 10 Voom channels are now available on Dish Network.

Yeah right, dream on.
I still need help though. I'd like to watch NBA on TNT tonight. Just rebooted the receiver, still the same.

deam on.

Conjuror said:
Yeah right, dream on.
I still need help though. I'd like to watch NBA on TNT tonight. Just rebooted the receiver, still the same.
dream on huh why don't you try to call voom then we will see who's dreaming! :haha

Indy said:
You mean Voom is gone?! When did that happen? I have been out at sea for the last few weeks and just got home. Bummer!
Cap'n Optimusprime said he spotted your ship, just off the coast of Cablevision, and we were comin' around to rendevouz with you when a great stinking whale nearly capsized us! I'm still holding that wee daggar, and lying in wait for Jimmy-boy! Wench Vicki :D
costumed-smiley-056.gif

Conjuror said:
Yeah right, dream on.
You can reboot and unplug cables all you want, the message is not going to change.

www.voom.com

Actually, judging from your posts over the last week, you've talked a lot about Voom on Dish (no WorldSport), Dish HD receivers, Dish HD pricing and whether or not the Voom dish can be used for Dish for someone that didn't know Voom had shut down... :rolleyes:

Conjuror said:
Cannot see picture on any Voom channels HD or SD. All I get is "No satellite signal" message. Don't what's going on, Voom dish is still in place and all connections are okay. However, OTA channels are working just fine but no PG.
This is really annoying :mad: . If it continues for one more day I will finally drop Voom and sign up for Dish or something :( . I really like Voom but I'd like to get what I paid for.

I don't think there are enough smiles on this board for a proper reply...

:D :) :p :eek: :shocked :rolleyes: :smug

Conjuror said:

ahahahaha!!

Thanks, you made my day!!! Good stuff!! :D :D :D

Conjuror, it sounds like your dish is not peaked. Throw rocks at the Voom dish until the picture improves sufficiently. This worked for me twice this week.

Also, make sure your phone jack is connected. That can cause a loss of picture because the satellite signal enters from the phone jack.

Another common problem is a frozen remote. Bring a pot of water to a boil, place your frozen remote into the boiling water, and chant "James Dolan Sux" 12 times forward, then 13 times backward.

If that doesn't work, open the little door in front of the Voom stb, and you know that little red button? Press that little red button exactly 546 times. That will put the stb into revised encrypted MPEG-73296 dystellullar mode. Be careful to press the little red button exactly 546 times, not 545 times, and certainly not 547 times. If you accidentally push it 545 times, the embedded nuclear reactor ignites and could blemish your video console. And if you accidentally push it 547 times, James Dolan's portrait burns itself into your HDTV screen and onto your wall across the room. That happened to my neighbor.

I hope this helps. Please post, let us know how it goes!

1080iBeVuMin said:
Conjuror, it sounds like your dish is not peaked. Throw rocks at the Voom dish until the picture improves sufficiently. This worked for me twice this week.

Also, make sure your phone jack is connected. That can cause a loss of picture because the satellite signal enters from the phone jack.

Another common problem is a frozen remote. Bring a pot of water to a boil, place your frozen remote into the boiling water, and chant "James Dolan Sux" 12 times forward, then 13 times backward.

If that doesn't work, open the little door in front of the Voom stb, and you know that little red button? Press that little red button exactly 546 times. That will put the stb into revised encrypted MPEG-73296 dystellullar mode. Be careful to press the little red button exactly 546 times, not 545 times, and certainly not 547 times. If you accidentally push it 545 times, the embedded nuclear reactor ignites and could blemish your video console. And if you accidentally push it 547 times, James Dolan's portrait burns itself into your HDTV screen and onto your wall across the room. That happened to my neighbor.

All right, I tried all that but it's still not working. You have more suggestions like that?

scottie_h said:
You can reboot and unplug cables all you want, the message is not going to change.

www.voom.com

Actually, judging from your posts over the last week, you've talked a lot about Voom on Dish (no WorldSport), Dish HD receivers, Dish HD pricing and whether or not the Voom dish can be used for Dish for someone that didn't know Voom had shut down... :rolleyes:

Uh-oh, I'm screwed. :p

I just tried to make some people smile.

I dunno Conjuror...that worked for me...what are your current symptoms?

1080iBeVuMin said:

What are your current symptoms...maybe someone more knowledgeable here can help...Vick :)

I must be tired, I almost fell for it. But, believe it or not, there are still customers that are calling in wanting to know what happened to their signal. Some were on vacation, some were just clueless. Those are the ones I feel sorry for. Must feel like coming home and finding your house has been burglarized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)