No Promotions? Then no paperless billing.

I am betting that the next time I call Dish up they will offer me free HBO/Showtime for three months in return for going back to electronic billing.

I am betting that the next time I call Dish up they will offer me free HBO/Showtime for three months in return for going back to electronic billing.
Since you are still on auto-pay, the real tamale here, not a chance!!!

I think we should make a dish sub-forum called:

Dish Scammers- Stick It To The Man

Haller could moderate it and everyone could be angry all the time at 'The Dish Man'... Giving it to Charlie one paper bill at a time.

Can you tell I am tired of these threads?

Haller could moderate it and everyone could be angry all the time at 'The Dish Man'... Giving it to Charlie one paper bill at a time.

Then they'll start blaming Charlie for their paper cuts.;)

I have them auto-bill my credit card. I have one card just for ACH type payments and I get 1% cash back on that.

If they do make a mistake, I just dispute that amount with the card company.

I use my primary credit card for "around town" shopping. Its only used for "in person" transactions.

I have a second card for "ACH" ( Dish / internet / Kids Karate, ...etc ) only.

I have a third card for internet only purchase. Any unusual activity and I do a "lost/stolen" and I don't have to worry about impacting anything else.

This is all to generate rewards. I get 1% cash on the internet and "ACH" cards and 2% on gas / groceries for the "around town" card. ( 1% on all other trans ).

All of my cards are setup to automatically give me my rewards in December so I get a little bump for Christmas gifts. ;)

I set up the Ebay "secure ID" card for eBay transactions so I have to actually have to have the physical token to use the eBay account, otherwise I use the "internet card".

Companies save tons of money with paperless billing. If their not going to pass some of those savings on to me? then they can just kiss my butt.
I actually prefer getting my statements. That way I can tell when they screw up.

Now when I go to my account online, it says they will give me 5 free PPVs to go back on electronic billing. They also say I should call up about free HBO/Showtime . .but I don't have the time to right now. I just didn't like how I was treated by them earlier when I asked for the promotion . Now that I don't have e-billing, I guess I get better treatment. Hmmm.

Charlie claimed on a Charlie Chat years ago that it costs them over $125,000 per month for return envelops for paper billing. Assuming his cost for envelops at the time multiplied by the approximately 7 to 8 million subscribers he had at the time, it does compute. That's over a million per year!

Yes, we should be getting a lot more for going paper less. Of course, not so much that it wipes away Charlie's savings :). That is why Chuck tries so hard to get us to paperless.

Charlie claimed on a Charlie Chat years ago that it costs them over $125,000 per month for return envelops for paper billing. Assuming his cost for envelops at the time multiplied by the approximately 7 to 8 million subscribers he had at the time, it does compute. That's over a million per year!

Yes, we should be getting a lot more for going paper less. Of course, not so much that it wipes away Charlie's savings :). That is why Chuck tries so hard to get us to paperless.

It's not the paper it's the Postage!

I read elsewhere that it costs about $1 to $1.50 to generate and mail a statement each month.

I agree that we should get something in return and I've told businesses the same. I don't even care if its only a $5 credit.

I normally sign up anyway because I don't really want the mail. I've lost mail from my mailbox before and just generally don't want to deal with it anyway. Its much easier for me to automate the whole process. No more opening the envelope, storing the statement, no more shredding the statement. Less trash, better for the environment... etc.

I am more comfortable with e-everything than having my information sitting in the mail box for someone to take while I am at work. It happens more often that you may think.

I can see the OP's point. As a two account subscriber, I have only gotten a discount on account 1 (account for parent's house) in Cleveland promo rate. When I opened a new account for my house in Michigan, I got no discounts, no promos, etc. Full rates, full install costs from day 1. Two separate bills both sent here.

They have found ways to raise the rates just about every year. My company (Ricoh Americas) has not given out any raises in almost four years. My wife's company (TRW) the same way. I know many others who have gotten no raises in the last several years. If we don't get them since our companies tell us that the economy is THAT BAD, why should Dish, or any other company.

I have found that at this point, I can get almost everything I want to watch, (though some times not until the day after air date) free from the original broadcaster's site. I will be dropping Dish network soon. I cannot drop it for my parents though, since they do not use the internet.

As I talk to the younger people at work, there is a huge percentage of them that think my age group are dinosaurs for even having cable/dish/DTV, etc. I suspect if that attitude holds true, either rates will have to be lowered, or as us dinosaurs die off, there will be less & less revenue for the entertainment companies.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts