No Promotions? Then no paperless billing.

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Dish is starting to play "hardball" in terms of rate increases, removal of various discounts , and saying I can't get free HBO/Showtime for three months because I had it about 18 months ago.

Okay, Dish Network. You want to play "hardball"? Fine. I am now converting my account to regular mailed statements from now on.

If and when I get another discount or freebie, I will go back to paperless billing.

Very truly yours,

What a death blow!!;)

My guess is that I will be offered some sort of promotion or discount when the Dish computer sees I am getting a paper bill.

No biggie either way. If everyone who reads this post would do the same, it COULD have a major effect on them .

My best guess is that Dish Network saves about $5 a month when someone signs up for both AutoPay and Electronic Billing. We should get some sort of perk to keep that ongoing. 'Nuff said.

I'm in the beginnning of my second three months of free HBO showtime (i had an eBill, but no autopay!) and I haven't been a customer for 6 months yet. The OP may have a point.

I do not understand. With paperless billing they just charge it to your credit card once a month. You do not spend any money on stamps. Do not have to take any of your time to pay it as it just gets paid with your credit card bill. you do not have to worry about a bill or payment getting lost in the mail and getting hit with a late charge. And if you use a rewards card you get cash back so you save money there also.

So what you are saying is to get back at Dish Network because they will not give you free stuff you are going to do something that makes things harder and more expensive on yourself. Hmmm???

I do not understand. With paperless billing they just charge it to your credit card once a month. You do not spend any money on stamps. Do not have to take any of your time to pay it as it just gets paid with your credit card bill. you do not have to worry about a bill or payment getting lost in the mail and getting hit with a late charge. And if you use a rewards card you get cash back so you save money there also.

So what you are saying is to get back at Dish Network because they will not give you free stuff you are going to do something that makes things harder and more expensive on yourself. Hmmm???

who mails bills anymore?

I still receive paper and I use my bank online to transfer payment.

I'd rather see the bill before I pay it.

I see the OP's point.

???
Just because you drop Paperless billing, doesn't mean you can't still pay your bill online
You don't need a stamp to use a credit card. And your Manual electronic payment won't get lost in the mail either.:)

BS

My best guess is that Dish Network saves about $5 a month when someone signs up for both AutoPay and Electronic Billing. We should get some sort of perk to keep that ongoing. 'Nuff said.

That is a load of bull. It is all done by PC anyway. It probably only saves them $.50 a month anyway. All you are doing is killing more trees and increasing the junk to go to the landfill. Waste of more stuff, time, & energy just to spite them. It won't get you anything but will waste more. Face it you aren't gonna get anything out of this STUPID ACT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts