No refund

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
My son is a Direct TV customer in Charleston SC. Prior to the flood a few weeks ago he bought a sporting event for $70.00. The flood came, the power went off, the receiver recorded or downloaded 2 minutes of the event before the light went out. He called explained the issue, ask for the event or a refund and was told, "we don't do that". He asked for a supervisor and was told "none are available".
Any thoughts?

Contact the office of the president of directv. There is a link on their website.

Good luck however. There is not alot that can be done since directv is not liable for natural disasters. And the broadcast went through fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Good luck however. There is not alot that can be done since directv is not liable for natural disasters. And the broadcast went through fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

True, this was a significant storm, he did pay the 70 bucks, and I'd imagine they have a recording of the event they could send him, how hard is that?
Regardless the optics for Direct TV make them look uncaring if not just greedy, and... they'll likely lose a customer. It could be they just don't care.
Thanks

How is it Directv's fault the power went out?

I agree they should give a refund, but I see the reasoning here behind it.

So let me get this straight, it not Direct's fault but they should give a refund? ok, he'll take it.
I think it is the right thing to do, I've been in business for 45 years, many times I've "reserved the right to give it away", but in this case Direct is not giving away nothing...the worse rain storm in a 1000 years, the Governor said.
"Nothing ventured nothing gained" in my world...or "if you do nothing, nothing happens"...or "if you see something , say something".
I'm certainly not into an argument here, just a little insight as to how Direct operates.
Thank you

So let me get this straight, it not Direct's fault but they should give a refund? ok, he'll take it.
I think it is the right thing to do, I've been in business for 45 years, many times I've "reserved the right to give it away", but in this case Direct is not giving away nothing...the worse rain storm in a 1000 years, the Governor said.
"Nothing ventured nothing gained" in my world...or "if you do nothing, nothing happens"...or "if you see something , say something".
I'm certainly not into an argument here, just a little insight as to how Direct operates.
Thank you
So, is this event being replayed anywhere ?

What is this to stop someone for ordering the the fight of the century at $100 bucks a pop and calling DirecTV "I lost power, can I get a refund? FWIW, you are looking for a refund in the wrong places, the power company should give you the rebound, no?

Last time I lost power for 3 days, because of the incompetence of the power authority here, I got a refund for the groceries that were lost.

They should be able to tell how much of the event recorded. They should also be able to verify a severe storm. And for good customer relationship keeping, they should take care of him this once time.

Reactions: 356B
The storm was national news
They should be able to tell how much of the event recorded. They should also be able to verify a severe storm. And for good customer relationship keeping, they should take care of him this once time.

Exactly, there's no scam here, the person of the phone was allegedly a jerk, no PR sophistication and extremely unsympathetic from what was shared.
Interestingly I had a similar situation with another satellite provider and it was handled to my satisfaction immediately.
Thanks for the input.

Reactions: glen4cindy
The storm was national news

Exactly, there's no scam here, the person of the phone was allegedly a jerk, no PR sophistication and extremely unsympathetic from what was shared.
Interestingly I had a similar situation with another satellite provider and it was handled to my satisfaction immediately.
Thanks for the input.
Call back.

Interesting. I got my bill last month and noticed a $40 PPV rugby match on my bill. I've been with DTV since 2008 and have never ordered anything.

I do however have a one-year old granddaughter that is fascinated with remote controls. I called DTV and within 5 minutes my account was credited for the $40 along with directions to set a parental lock.

So, for those that say they won't issue a credit for that, you're wrong.

Reactions: 356B and Jimbo
Thanks for all the suggestions and replies. I was hoping there was a Direct TV representative who monitors discussions here, apparently not.
Thanks again

Thanks for all the suggestions and replies. I was hoping there was a Direct TV representative who monitors discussions here, apparently not.
Thanks again
D* has been offered to do that like the Dish guys, but have decided not to so far.

However there are plenty of people that work for D* and or att here that also help out, many of which have been responding.

D* has been offered to do that like the Dish guys, but have decided not to so far.

However there are plenty of people that work for D* and or att here that also help out, many of which have been responding.
Thank yo for the input

I can understand not refunding for a regular power outage... But not a natural disaster like what happened in SC. Tell them to what their sappy commercials about caring about customers.

It's kind of like the same thing when a customers house burns down and the equipment gets destroyed.

It's really not the providers responsibility to pay for your loss if equipment due to a fire.

However it makes the provided look good if they do not charge you for the equipment.

I remember when the hurricane hit Florida, dish had a program to replace the dish and do a re-alignment.

It was not dish networks problem, but if they didn't get their customers back up they likely would have switched providers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)