No satellite but, I have it in other rooms

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wink2121

Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
We have Direct Tv. Decided to upgrade to Hd and had them install a new Triple LNB Multi Dish with an off air antenna......This all happened on Thursday of last week . I got this upgrade so my husband could wath his Sunday Ticket in HD....They also gave us the Samsung TS360 reciever. So, this morning we get up, and the samsung wont boot..... Says it can't find a satellite signal. So, after playing around with cables ect... still nothing.... So, we call Directv and they say, we don't know..... we can get someone out there on Monday..... ( sigh ) so, we head off to Best Buy..... Buy a new samsung reciever (same one.....) come home hook it up and it works!!! called Direct Tv to activate it and thought..... Hey now we just need to get them to credit us right????? WRONG...... As we are waiting for them to come back on the line, our tv says ( searching for signal ) and them bam... same thing.... Can't find satellite...... And the reciever reads boot failure....... Ok, we have been doing this for almost 12 hours now......... :mad: My husband has many many electronics here and I know he knows what he is doing and we can't come up with anything... and since it is midnight and to dark to go run new cables, I thought I would try this and see the feedback I get........ We are running the RG6 cables but, I do know that the install guy used the old..... But, the old did work with the Directv for over 2 years before now...... Hmmm... im confused..... If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated...... Thank you! Yvette :)

Was the Samsung working before and if so how long? Have you tried moving a receiver that you know works into this room to see what happens? Have you moved the Samsung to a different room to see what happens? Did the installer install a multi switch somewhere?

Although it is pretty slim there is the chance that both of those Samsung receivers are bad.

YES, switch the receivers out in different rooms if they are working ...
if they dont work in the room with HD then you know the line is bad... OR
It can be as something as small as a little piece of braid touching the copper line ( did the installer put new fittings on? )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)