no signal at ports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stanleyman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
florida
hi, newbie here, my dish hopper system check says ports 1,2, and 3 have no signal , everything else is good , I changed the hub with one from home depot, worked for a few days then out again, bought the right hybrid solo hub 203952 which did not cure the issue , any suggestions
thanks

I assume you have a Hybrid LNB or a Dish Pro Hybrid (DPH42) switch between the lnb and the hub.

Possibly a problem with the cable from the lnb to the hub?

New problem or new install?

Water could have gotten into the cable and messed it up.

Be sure the cable from the lnb is plugged into the correct port on the hub (to ODU). Host is to the Hopper and clients are the Joeys.

I assume you have a Hybrid LNB or a Dish Pro Hybrid (DPH42) switch between the lnb and the hub.

Possibly a problem with the cable from the lnb to the hub?

New problem or new install?

Water could have gotten into the cable and messed it up.

Be sure the cable from the lnb is plugged into the correct port on the hub (to ODU). Host is to the Hopper and clients are the Joeys.
and if you have that DPH42 switch, make sure it didn't get unplugged!

Reactions: charlesrshell
and if you have that DPH42 switch, make sure it didn't get unplugged!
Even if it didn't get unplugged, maybe try unplugging it, running a check switch, then plug it back in and run the check switch again. This procedure should "reset" both the switch and the check switch matrix in the receiver. I have done this many times with a DPP44 switch, and it always worked for me. So, I am thinking that the DPH42 may be similar.

Who are these guys that join, post a problem and disappear?
Uh, it was literally posted this morning, so not even a full day has passed yet. The thread starter may have been busy all day, and has not had a chance to reply yet. So, perhaps a little patience is called for here. (Now, if we still don't hear from the thread starter after a couple more days have passed, I will retract this entire post.)

Uh, it was literally posted this morning, so not even a full day has passed yet. The thread starter may have been busy all day, and has not had a chance to reply yet. So, perhaps a little patience is called for here. (Now, if we still don't hear from the thread starter after a couple more days have passed, I will retract this entire post.)
A couple more days have passed. I stand corrected.

• Haha
Reactions: HipKat and Tvland1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)