No Signal for Al Jazeera English and Russia Today

Thank you, I'll have to take a closer look on my side. Just strange that all the other channels are coming in ok.

This is just too weird. Let me explain.

Yesterday, I got a used Viewsat VS2000 receiver which I intend to eventually use as a second receiver. To test the VS2000, I powered off the Geosatpro box, disconnected it, connected the VS2000 and powered it on. After fiddling with the configuration a bit, I finally got it to load the FTA signals from the satellite. However, I noted that certain signals from one transponder (Word Network, River Broadcasting) which were highly problematic were actually quite strong on the VS2000. And other signals from a different transponder (RT, Al Jazeera) which were always strong, were now unusable.

I thought that was quite odd, but I figured there may be something different between brands. I checked to make sure that the transponder values were correct, but still the same symptoms.

But then the weirder part -- I disconnected the VS2000 and put back the Geosatpro, and now the Geosatpro has strong signals for Word Network and River Broadcasting and worthless signals for RT and Al Jazeera! Why? I never touched the dish or even went outdoors. How can changing out the receiver cause a strong signal and a weak signal to change places, but then changing the receiver back does not change back the signal?

Can anyone explain how this is happening? I'd dearly like to know.

And then I read the original post of how someone else lost RT and Al Jazeera as well. This is just weird...

Thanks.

For what it's worth, my signal on the RT/AJE transponder was down a few quality points yesterday too, along with a few other transponders on this satellite. (I didn't look at the strength, just the quality.) All other satellites were fine.

The signal is weaker than normal (but still viewable for me) and fluctuating right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)