no signal in motor home on directv set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluiz1948

Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Southern Oregon
I called directv and they tried a couple of things to get a picture. But nothing. They suggested a service call. We had a picture when we were camped in Eugene, OR, now we are at Vancouver,WA. All we get is weak signal/no signal. Any suggestions before we call for a service tech? We are connected to the park cable and get that fine.

You have shared NO information about your setup. How can we possibly help if we don't know what dish you have, what receivers you have, how you aim it ?!@>!?? Is it permanent; portable? :cool:

In the absence of info, I will take a shot in the dark and ask you to check the input you have the SAT cable plugged into. In our RV, most of the coax inputs are split as they run through the RV. You will need a direct line from the dish to the receiver.

Have you moved your rig enough to have established a signal in several locations? Do you know what to look for to evaluate cable & fittings?
Has the receiver been stored properly?...Run on a generator?
Do you have a signal meter other than the receiver?

Where does it hurt?

Joe

I called directv and they tried a couple of things to get a picture. But nothing. They suggested a service call. We had a picture when we were camped in Eugene, OR, now we are at Vancouver,WA. All we get is weak signal/no signal. Any suggestions before we call for a service tech? We are connected to the park cable and get that fine.

If yopu get a weak signal or no signal message on the TV it's coming from the TV, not from the DirecTV receiver, and usually means that you haven't selected the correct TV input for the DirecTV receiver, or the receiver isn't connected to the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)