"no signal" msg - help needed

SharonFromOwasso

Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
Owasso OK
My Dish receiver was working fine until I messed it up when exiting a dvr program (unfinished).

I've turned off the surge protector for 2 hrs, repeated hit the Recovery button, repeatedly assigned the remote to the Satellite input, but the tv stays stuck on a snowy screen with a "no signal" message on the screen. After fiddling for 4 hours, I f-i-n-a-l-l-y! Resort to y'all for assistance. Please help.

My Dish receiver was working fine until I messed it up when exiting a dvr program (unfinished).

I've turned off the surge protector for 2 hrs, repeated hit the Recovery button, repeatedly assigned the remote to the Satellite input, but the tv stays stuck on a snowy screen with a "no signal" message on the screen. After fiddling for 4 hours, I f-i-n-a-l-l-y! Resort to y'all for assistance. Please help.

It sounds like your TV accidentally got set to a different input than the one for your Dish receiver. Which one is that, by the way? What TV do you have?

Reactions: ekilgus and Jimbo
It sounds like your TV accidentally got set to a different input than the one for your Dish receiver. Which one is that, by the way? What TV do you have?
Good thought! OP might try to go through the inputs on the TV to see if that brings back a picture.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't have the tv remote.
Btw the Dish remote is the 32 series I believe .
Ok, if you don't have the remote, see if you can find the buttons on the TV that you can change the TV Inputs, it sounds like Krell mentioned, the TV got changed off of the Dish Input.

Btw, what TV and Model is it ?

Reactions: AZ.
If the Remoter turns the volume up and down and the power on the TV off and on, press the little white TV button, then press input.
If it doesn't do those things, the remote needs to be programmed for the TV.

Press the white TV button down til all the lights go on.
Key in 500#.
The TV light will blink 3 times, then try and change inputs. Press SAT to get back to controlling the Receiver

The "snowy" screen is key to me. Sounds like the TV got set to the analog tuner input. Agree with the others, check buttons on the TV, or get the remote programmed to change TV inputs.

Ok, if you don't have the remote, see if you can find the buttons on the TV that you can change the TV Inputs, it sounds like Krell mentioned, the TV got changed off of the Dish Input.

Btw, what TV and Model is it ?

Ty.
Sony Bravia unsure of model.
Tomorrow I'll get some Sony Bravia remotes from another house to try. Maybe I'll get lucky?

The Dish remote DOES power on&off the tv, the mute button works as does the volume up/down.

In the morning I'll see if I can access the TV's control buttons.

I'm grateful for everyone's help. I'm clueless about this Dish business AND how to use the forum.

Your best bet is to press the “input” or “source” button on the Sony. It will be either on the side, or the back/bottom and you press once to bring up the input, and every push after that will change the input. So two pushes for each input, because you’ll want to delay pushing it again until it switches inputs.
on a secondary note, using a 32 series remote, you likely have a 922 DVR, and as such, is this TV1 or TV2? If TV2, change the TVs channel number to 60, 73, 75, or 116. Tv2 is the one without a receiver connected directly to it.

This is the source button.

Attachments

• 8FD56A36-B476-4BC1-ABD3-2D6487F13BAE.png
    8FD56A36-B476-4BC1-ABD3-2D6487F13BAE.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Jimbo
Your best bet is to press the “input” or “source” button on the Sony. It will be either on the side, or the back/bottom and you press once to bring up the input, and every push after that will change the input. So two pushes for each input, because you’ll want to delay pushing it again until it switches inputs.
on a secondary note, using a 32 series remote, you likely have a 922 DVR, and as such, is this TV1 or TV2? If TV2, change the TVs channel number to 60, 73, 75, or 116. Tv2 is the one without a receiver connected directly to it.
Good catch! I overlooked the remote model

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts