No Signal on 3 Channels

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Lately I don't get Smithsonian, NFL Network and Science Channel in HD. Other channels are fine. Is this a dish alignment issue or a bad LNB issue?

Lately I don't get Smithsonian, NFL Network and Science Channel in HD. Other channels are fine. Is this a dish alignment issue or a bad LNB issue?
Do the easy thing First --I suggest you check all outdoor RG6 Connections as they be damaged --(water damage) can cause your issue

Those are all on 103CA. When you check signal strength, what do you see for satellite 103CA?

Most likely it is a bad LNB.

I'd swap the LNB and go to a 3 instead of the 5 unless you specifically need the 5 for some channel.
You really only need the 99, 101 and 103 anymore.

I'd swap the LNB and go to a 3 instead of the 5 unless you specifically need the 5 for some channel.
You really only need the 99, 101 and 103 anymore.
Not sure what channel that would be, they moved them all off there! haha Maybe a few SD locals are left on there, I haven't checked the TPN chart recently for such things.

So I got the SL5-SWM from Solid Signal and installed it on the dish. But the receiver doesn't see an SWM with that LNB. I put the old one back on, and that one is visible to the receiver and connects. I know that only one cable connects to the LNB, but I really don't see a power inserter anywhere. Am I doing something wrong, or is the new LNB defective? They both have the green SWM sticker.

So I got the SL5-SWM from Solid Signal and installed it on the dish. But the receiver doesn't see an SWM with that LNB. I put the old one back on, and that one is visible to the receiver and connects. I know that only one cable connects to the LNB, but I really don't see a power inserter anywhere. Am I doing something wrong, or is the new LNB defective? They both have the green SWM sticker.
What box do you have? An HR54 has a built in power inserter.

No need for SWM power inserter. Redo satellite setup and select your current LNB as well as all five tubers. See if that makes it recognized.

few days ago i had a similar problem. no signal, error 771 on certain channels. some starz encore channels were out while others worked just fine. reboot didnt work, connections were tight at the genie and the lnb. however upon further inspection the cable to the dvr was loose inside the compression connector. it just pulled out leaving the connector attached. i put a new connector on it and that fixed it.

Reactions: raoul5788
My low signal channels are back, with the old LNB still in place. Maybe it needed a vacation from me, like I needed a vacation at the lake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts